+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are we almost always the forgiving gender?

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    You want genter equality only when its benefits you. Still when it comes to dates you dont like to pay but expect MAN to got it. What about family role model where MAN is the main provider. And expecting man to say world like " I love you" and "Will you marry me" first? You can say what you want little pussies but the fact that - women dont put themself in vulnerable positions as often as man and yet want some kind of imaginative equality, will never change.
    I imagine our date wouldn't even go pass 2 minutes. I don't need someone to treat me exactly like a child but neither do I want to be brutalized nor greatly disrespected. Extremists (too nice to the point of being a phony and ''I'll treat you exactly like you were a guy friend'') are a turn-off.
    Last edited by BlueMoonSal; 03-09-13 at 12:51 AM.

K_6 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Women now have options and if we are 30 year old singles, we aren't no longer labelled as "old hags that have a better chance in getting hot by lightening than getting married" but as cougars instead!
    Men really aren't that stupid and admire women of all ages and social statuses. We only label a woman when she earns it.

I didnt ask you on a date yet, but you dont have idea how I am in real life. Just saying that I like where things are now and most of this gender thing comes directly from women. In order to change this you girls have to change yourself.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I didnt ask you on a date yet, but you dont have idea how I am in real life. Just saying that I like where things are now and most of this gender thing comes directly from women. In order to change this you girls have to change yourself.
    Change what? Become a ''yes master'' type woman? One that If so that is going back to the beginning of time.

I only stated how a date with you would be like. It would end fast. Not sure about the other girls in your place. If they're ok with being treated exactly like a male friend, ok then whatever suits them. It's all about finding the right person I guess, the one who accepts you and doesn't questions your likes.

Heh, every time someone quotes pcmaster and I actually get to read what he writes, I'm reminded of why I put him in my "ignore list" in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Heh, every time someone quotes pcmaster and I actually get to read what he writes, I'm reminded of why I put him in my "ignore list" in the first place.
    Thank you for informing me that. I'll be now doing that.

After some uncomfortable facts you choose to ignore posts that kicks you out of your comfort zone.Again - escaping of putting yourself in vulnerable position. Its funny still that I have more% posts thanked by people than both of you.

I think the women who bitch and moan about perceived inequality probably aren't deserving of what they are really asking for. Certainly they're deserving of equality, but I'm talking about those who were passed over for promotion or complaining about their wage or some other specifics. At home it may be different, but I typically hear them whining about the conditions of their employment, and that's what I'm addressing. Of the 5 people I currently answer to, the two directors and the VP are women, outranking the men. I've worked almost exclusively under women throughout my career, and they have all commanded a great deal of respect(and money). Their abilities garnered my respect from day one, and it was apparent that their opinions were well respected by their superiors.

I also think women are likely to be more timid during the interview process, asking for raises, and asserting themselves in general, and the ones who aren't reap the benefits. Pure speculation though.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    I think the women who bitch and moan about perceived inequality probably aren't deserving of what they are really asking for. Certainly they're deserving of equality, but I'm talking about those who were passed over for promotion or complaining about their wage or some other specifics. At home it may be different, but I typically hear them whining about the conditions of their employment, and that's what I'm addressing.
    You are talking about specific people in your personal experience. It simply means that not all the women who are aware of inequalities in the workplace are deserving of promotions and raises. It doesn't mean that such inequalities don't exist (statistics prove otherwise) - they may not exist in your specific company, but they are a very real problem in most companies of the world.

Of the 5 people I currently answer to, the two directors and the VP are women, outranking the men. I've worked almost exclusively under women throughout my career, and they have all commanded a great deal of respect(and money). Their abilities garnered my respect from day one, and it was apparent that their opinions were well respected by their superiors.
    This is so cool . Unfortunately, it's not how it is in most companies and countries.

I also think women are likely to be more timid during the interview process, asking for raises, and asserting themselves in general
    If this is true, it's because most women are socialized since they are toddlers to be less assertive and more compliant than men. Quite unfairly for those women, assertiveness and other "masculine" traits are exactly what gets rewarded in the workplace, putting them at a disadvantage compared to their male peers, who have conversely been socialized since they were toddlers to be more assertive and less compliant than females (which is why such characteristics are labelled as "masculine").
    Last edited by searock; 03-09-13 at 05:26 AM.

That pcmaster dude is from shithole country where it's allowed to beat up a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina4114 View Post
    That pcmaster dude is from shithole country where it's allowed to beat up a woman
    Oh yeah now I remember. He is the poster that once stated about hitting a woman exactly like a man, something like that. I feel very sad for the kids, if he ever has any with the woman he'll hit.

I understand where you're coming from. I guess I got lucky. My boyfriend loves me unconditionally. I've seen him put up with some real bullshit on my part. I'd say were pretty equal in that sense.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoonSal View Post
    Oh yeah now I remember. He is the poster that once stated about hitting a woman exactly like a man, something like that. I feel very sad for the kids, if he ever has any with the woman he'll hit.
    Your fantazy goes too far. Its ok to hit for a self defense in my country, even if its defense against verbal abuse. But its all in comon sense ofcourse. You cant beat up someone twice smaller than you(even if you are one against three) or cause serious harm otherwise all is gona be your fault.

Saudi Arabia outlawed domestic violence yesterday.

We aren't almost always the forgiving gender. There are more and more women that are giving a hard time to partners that are trying to survive by being sympathetic and forgiving.
    Last edited by Valixy; 05-09-13 at 03:03 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast