+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forgiving ex...should i still allow her to talk to me?

Forgiving ex...should i still allow her to talk to me?

my ex girlfriend of 3 years cheated on me, and i realize the healthiest way for me to live my life is to forgive her. but next week there's a social gathering which i know she's going to be at (it's been like a month since we broke up). my gut tells me to just ignore her, but i feel like if i truly forgave her, i shouldn't. but the last thing i want to portray is that i want her back or that i can be stepped on. what should i do without losing respect for myself?
    thanks.

Forgive and forget her.It's all you can do for your own sake.
    Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
    Franklin P. Jones

My hope died long time ago.

I'm glad you appreciate that forgiveness is the healthiest attitude - it will help you move on faster, and in no way does it show that you are weak or that you can be 'stepped on', in fact, it takes strength to truly forgive somebody and is therefore a great indicator of your character.

I suggest you be cordial and amicable. It is not necessary that you have to approach her or acknowledge her in any way, if she strikes up a conversation keep it friendly yet brief but by no means initiate a conversation with her first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

thanks for your input guys

If you think you can fake your way through pretending to be nice. If you don't honestly think you can, avoid it if possible. It's much too soon and you need to be moving forward from this without reverting back to square one. Seeing her and keeping in contact will keep her in your system.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

I agree. I've never been a fan of false optimism or kindnesss. Anything of the sort really. Simply saying you forgive someone or taking the stance that you'll forgive or are forgiving is night and day to what you're actually thinking and feeling. No offense to anyones beliefs religious or otherwise....

If you can honestly question yourself about how to react, you haven't forgivin her and obviously its not forgotten. Like CMA said avoid if possible. Or at the very least enjoy the function to the fullest.