+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone to talk to

Playing "that game" may connect you with others BUT it disconnects you from real life.

Quote Originally Posted by kathrinanina07 View Post
    I met this guys who is waaay older than me.. (around 20 years age difference)
    We met in an online game.. Well, at first, it was just a friendly chitchat, that was developed into something else..
    He has 3 kids and living with a gf (not married).. He lives in another country..

At first, it was only for fun talking with him, but slowly I had this feeling of more than just friends..
    I know it's not good to continue what we're having, but I feel sad and broken when I try not to talk to him..

any advice or suggestions?..

maybe I just need someone to talk to....
    i think you sound lonely and found someone who gets you and is willing to listen to you, spend time with you and for you. that is what you find attractive, even if he is older and unavailable, i would suggest you only keep it a friendship though, nothing more and still be friends but don't make it an obsessive attraction.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Playing "that game" may connect you with others BUT it disconnects you from real life.
    I think you should elaborate what "that game" is.

World of warcraft. It sucks the life right out of your social life lol.

Read enought stories when guys choses WoW instead of their GFs.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

And some divorces too lol.

I got my friend into playing it and she called it "crack" because it was so addicting.

I can't say that I've played it, I did try it but it never pulled me in like it did to others... the infographic was more of just a general point. I've been in other games where I've met couples that ended up getting married. I just don't think people should always knock a hobby due to a stigma of the types of people that do them. I would imagine if most of you met me in person you wouldn't think I'm an anti-social basement dweller, which is how some see "gamers" these days.

No one is saying it's horrble, just that for a lot of people it can cause social problems.

They did a survey in Canada : the average gamers is 38 years old. Most adults by this age already have lives, a social circle hobbies, etc.

I feel teenagers and young adults need to be out in the real world and develop these things, instead living their life in front of a game console.

well you know, I agree to your opinions.. first, I am a gamer not because I am into games.. It started as a past time.. where it became more than that when I started knowing people.. I am usually the type of person who is outgoing, but because of some certain circumstances, my social life became zero (literally). I don't have time to go out, and most of my friends have distanced themselves to me.. so it was kind of depressing now that I couldn't have someone to talk to, until the game...

it is kind of difficult to go out of my shell now.. I am 27 and I would really like to change my hobbies but I am afraid of what would happen if I remove my "security blanket"...

but again, thanks to everyone who have shared their opinions.. I think I really know the answer to the question, it's that it is just too difficult...

thank you everyone!!!

I have a question....what was the falling out that had a whole social circle up in arms?

What is these "certain circumstances" that made it harder to socialize and why do you think is the reason some "friends" keeping distance from you?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I have a question....what was the falling out that had a whole social circle up in arms?
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    What is these "certain circumstances" that made it harder to socialize and why do you think is the reason some "friends" keeping distance from you?
    well, you would know since you can see which country I come from.. it would sound crazy, but my family had nothing before.. so as the first child, I had to concentrate on working after I finished my degree.. it came to a time when I had to work full time and part time (which is roughly working for 15 hours a day 5 days a week.. so every time my friends would invite me to go out and have fun, I often decline since my schedule is too tight and on weekends, I prefer to have longer sleep and spend time with my family.. then, my friends grew tired of inviting me out (they usually go for a drive to a near country area for a swim, etc.) so now, they wouldn't even send any invitations anymore, and even if I try to reach out, they seem to ignore (like in FB or in SMS messaging)...

did I answer your questions?...

So what country are you from? Is this one of these tourist countries like Greece and Turkey where they work like bitches for 6 months and then when tourist season ends just sits home and play games?

no.. to be honest I worked online as an English tutor and a part timer in the BPO industry..
    I live in the Philippines, where most call centers are found.. I worked with them before..

That sounds inteligent. Its a mystery how can games keep you interested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast