+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't talk about anything

I can't talk about anything

My girlfriend and I are in a rough patch; we are currently three weeks into a break from our relationship. Though we're taking some time apart, we agreed to talk to each other during this time, just to discuss what we were feeling.

The problem is, I cannot talk to her about anything. It's not that I don't want to, or I'm afraid of what she'll think; I want so much to tell her what's on my mind. I physically can't talk about anything that matters with her. Whenever I try, a wall comes up, and the words don't come out. I've tried and tried, but every time, it's the same: I say something to start out with, then it's silence. And I can't help it.

If I don't get past this, and start communicating with her, I'm afraid we aren't going to be able to make it, that it'll be the end of us.

Had the same thing. I know its super hard, you want her to make a move, but shes expecting real man take a lead. Its easier just talk about random stuff, about not important things.

Crush the wall and than just cut the bullshit switch to important stuff like " I like you, you are...". So you will give her a chance understand why are you talking to her. Give her a compliment, ask what she like.

And dont be afraid to fail, cause you will if you do. Talk with other girls -girls you dont know. It will give you so much confidence and take your mind of that one super important girl. Thinking all the time about

GF will make you totally useless when you meet her again.

You wana see how other guys do it - write SimplePickup on Youtube and you may also want to see Project GO by SimplePickup. They teach about talking with girls.

counselling.. go to it, forums are not place for stranger advice. Im out

Thats your bodies way of reacting to stress. Its because your upset and cant face it right now. Please ignore the above advice. As a girl, i know the worst thing you could possibly do right now is start paying attention to other girls. That will kill any chance you have left with her.

It may be easier to text each other and getyour feelings out that way. Sometimes a girl just needs reassurance in these situations that you love her and want it to work. Women need to talk through these things straight away while men need to clear their head first before they are ready to talk. Tell her your upset and your finding it hard to talk right now.

My bf does that sometimes. Its how he reacts to stress. He might just sit there staring ahead with a confused look on his face. Maybe just give her a cuddle and talk about all the things you love about her. Talk about good memories etc and then when your feeling relaxed, you can talk through your problems calmly and remind her that you dont want to lose her.

If your afraid you might break down or something, dont be. She loves you and shell understand

Who's idea was this break? If it's her idea, then start getting used to the relationship being over. Breaks are just a cowards way out. She's stringing you along and you're letting her.

What you need to remember is that if someone is very precious to us, we don't risk losing them by calling a break.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yaif this is true-maybe u should try no contact and see if she runs back

Who initiated the break, you or her? I have a feeling it was her. You can't talk to her about important stuff because you're terrified that she might break up with you definitively. Do you really want to be with a person that makes you feel like this? You should feel secure and loved and strong. Instead you're afraid of even talking to her. This is no basis for a healthy, fulfilling relationship.

I think you should tell her you want the "break" to end right now, or else you'll consider yourself broken up and will start moving on, because this situation is just making you even more unhappy.

Sometimes you just have to let her go, say you either love me or you dont, you know i love you and i dont want this to end but i cant deal with this. Im going to focus on myself and you know where i am if you figute out what you want. Then just leave it until she comes running back.. Dont go near other girls tho until you know for sure its over