+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help, the love of my life!

117 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Help, the love of my life!

There's a girl I met in school and I really have build very strong feelings for her. I ask her out to the movies about 2 weeks ago and we had a nice time.
    But now after that day I really have fallen in love with her.
    Here's the thing, we're on school holidays right now and I want to do something again and perhaps ask her out but if I ask her to do something with me she says that she already has something planned. I have the feeling that I'm annoying her when I text or call her because I want to set up a time. I only have a week left of the holidays and I would like to see some pointers please.
    I don't know what I'd do if I loose her...

If I give you a piece of advice and the girl will fall in love with you, will it be honest to give the girl to me as compensation for usage of intellectual property without written permission of the owner? Or will only a lawsuit fix the problem?

117 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Umm... huh?

Ok, I know it feels like it'll be the end of the world if it doesn't work out... I was that young once too.

But it won't.

This is going to be hard to read, but every word of it is truth:

1. She's not the love of your life. She's a girl you've gotten infatuated with. You barely know her, certainly not enough to love her. Mostly she's hot and was nice to you.

2. She is getting annoyed with your inability to take a hint. Partly that's her fault for not just communicating her desire, which is to not go out with you again. Yep, that's right, she's not interested.

Which brings us to

3. You've already lost her. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 117 View Post
    There's a girl I met in school and I really have build very strong feelings for her. I ask her out to the movies about 2 weeks ago and we had a nice time.
    But now after that day I really have fallen in love with her.
    Here's the thing, we're on school holidays right now and I want to do something again and perhaps ask her out but if I ask her to do something with me she says that she already has something planned. I have the feeling that I'm annoying her when I text or call her because I want to set up a time. I only have a week left of the holidays and I would like to see some pointers please.
    I don't know what I'd do if I loose her...
    Stop contacting her, wait for her to contact you. If she does, yay! If not, move on.

Word of advice for the future, if a woman is interested in you, "I already have something planned" will usually be followed with "is there another time that works for you?" Or "how about the next day/the previous day/whenever else?" or something like that. If she just says "I already have something planned" and leaves it at that she is likely just making excuses not to see you. If it happens once or twice then maybe it's worth persisting but if it happens more than that then it's time to take the hint.

My rule with new prospects is this: I make no more than two efforts to set something up. If she doesn't at the very least suggest another time or day by my second effort, she is most likely not interested. There are literally BILLIONS of women in the world, put that into perspective and you will realize how silly it is to obsess over one girl giving you the cold shoulder. That time would be better spent slaying poon and busting nuts elsewhere.