+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do nice guys finish last

Why do nice guys finish last

So here is my problem my brother and his gf argue all the time well me and her have become like best friends but today she was talking with me about if tjey broke up she said that she loves me and im nice and good looking and will find a great girl one day but she said because she dated my brother and that shes 26 and im 18 that I wont ever get a chance but at the same time she said that if I was her age and I wasnt his brother that she would date me, idk what to do I love this girl when I got in trouble and got out of jail she treated me like normal we hangout all the time we hug kiss each other on the cheek we say we love each other when we say goodbye but she says couldnt get over being 8yrs older then me and that she dayed my brother and that im lile her best friend, but im confused and I guess heart broken a little bit any advice would be appretiated I really love her id do anything for her and she says the same I jusr dont know what to do

I don't find any reference to a ''nice guy'' here other than difference in age gap and that you were locked up once. There is no such thing as a nice guy that doesn't expect something in exchange.

I I am a nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoonSal View Post
    I don't find any reference to a ''nice guy'' here other than difference in age gap and that you were locked up once. There is no such thing as a nice guy that doesn't expect something in exchange.
    IVe always strived to be a nice guy and gentlemanly towards women a lot of guys are jerks to girls for no reason I strive to treat all girls equaly and as nice as possible I dont expect anything in return its just I was nice to her because she is a girl and a guy should always respect women, but once we started talking and got to know each other I really have started to like her but I dont understand how my brother treats her like crap but ahe says she loves him, but yet when we are alone together she laughs more has fun we talk about everything she lets me put my arm around her, shes always happy when we hangout but lile when they hangout they are always arguing and mad at each other, its like shes dating both of us like im the one that takes her to work we go out to eat hangout, pays for anything she needs but she cuddles up with him and is the one she sleeps in bed with but everything else she does with me which I dont really mind I love just being around her and hanging out shes the best friend ive ever had I just dont know what to do cause I love her a lot more then she loves me I guess

It's not nice guys that finish last. It's deluded love sick idiots that finish last. She's 26, you're 18 - in terms of life experience she's light years ahead of you. Sounds like she likes the attention she gets from you. Would she let you get in her pants? Course she won't.

Mate, nice guys don't go to jail. Nice guys don't do stuff which will put them in jail.

That being said, most guys are nice....that's really just the basic of what a guy needs in life. but as well as being nice, a guy also needs to have qualities which makes him stand out above all the other nice guys. If being 'nice' is all a guy has going for him, then he probably will end up at the bottom.

I have to say though, you're crazy if you think a guy should always respect women. A woman shouldn't be respected just because she's a woman - she should be respected only if she behaves in a manner which is respectable.

As for this girl, you're simply too young for her. Find a nice girl who's 10 years younger than her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Stop spending time with your brother's girlfriend and find yourself your own girl. Nice guys don'y betray their brother and family for a woman. Even if you're only 18, you should already know this. Nice guys are loyal to their siblings.

All guys start out being nice. Otherwise the girl wouldn't stay. It is only after some time that he can start being a jerk. He knows she isn't going anywhere and he is probably half hoping she will leave anyway.

They don't.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly it sound like she's enjoying the flattery of having some young kid all gaga over her. She's not interested for real. You need to let this go and find a 'nice' young girl that won't string you along.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Why would you want to shit where you eat, so to speak, by dating your brother's ex? If you don't think that's going to cause serious problems between you and your brother, you clearly need a reality check... My word...

Age is but a number, I will agree, but you're her ex's brother! If you love your brother and love this girl, truly, then you won't start drama like this. Wait and find someone else.