+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WAY older man / unprofessional relationship / I think i have some issues ...

We make eye contact too :3 It's funny because I'm a bit of an overachiever so I always sit front and center and try to answer all the questions (yeah, I'm THAT person XD)
    I have two classes in a row with him and before the first one I came to his office hours because I couldn't figure out this one problem for the life of me. And he tried to help, but I just couldn't focus and still didn't understand it. And he's not one of those profs who just gives you the answer, he wants you to figure it out by yourself. So after like 20 minutes of him trying to explain it to me and me mostly just giving him blank "deer-in-the-headlights" stare I felt really embarrassed for not being able to figure it out, so I just awkwardly thanked him and left. I felt so bad I couldn't look at him all for all of the first lecture and I it was really weird because usually he'd ask a question and I'd answer it immediately, but this time I was kinda stressed, so I just shut down and every time he asked something there would be this long awkward silence because noone else ever says anything until he eventually answers his own question...
    He also tried teaching us some Irish phrases would write one on the board each class.
    I looked up a couple on my own time and wrote them on my homework. Like greetings and blessings and nice things like that and he actually wrote back in Irish when he handed them back That made me happy XD
    I know, I'm a dork XD

No, that's not dorky. It's innocent flirting. I think he's interested. When do you graduate?

This spring. I really don't know if he's interested tho. I think he's just being nice >.> ...

Well just continue to be nice and a good student but don't push it any further. Wait until you graduate, then approach it again. After that, if he still is singing the same song, then move on because he genuinely may not be interested.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan :]

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like a plan :]
    For God sakes! do you realize how many women hit on him? He's a professor....its goes with the job sister

BTW.....he would be fired for dating a student....so PLEASE.....pull your head out of your butt

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    For God sakes! do you realize how many women hit on him? He's a professor....its goes with the job sister

BTW.....he would be fired for dating a student....so PLEASE.....pull your head out of your butt
    Exactly. And the whole 'age doesn't matter' - oh purleeze. I'm 49 and the idea of dating someone say twice my age is frankly yukkity yukkity yuk. The OP is being deluded.

Well, not everyone is so shallow ...

......Ugghh!

Well sorry if you're not getting the answers you'd like to hear sweetie. Back here in the 'real world' where most of us live your infatuation with this guy would I think strike most of us as a bit, shall we say, deluded. But then I'm sure I'm just being shallow.

How is she being deluded? I kept it real with her. You can't speak for every older man, just yourself. That's your opinion. I know several older men that feel like you feel, BUT there are also several older men that do date younger women. So how do you know what he's thinking? Those are your thoughts, not his. I'm not saying I agree with the decision to date that old. I hate seeing older women with young guys. Most older women who do that still try hard to be young or go thru identity crisis or whatever. Just cause I don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The OP and I are the same age and I wouldnt date that old but I always have older men staring me down and I bet if I showed interest, they'd be happy to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    But then I'm sure I'm just being shallow.
    I'm glad you agree :]

Besides, like I said, I don't even know if I'd want t date him, I would just like to spend some the with him and get to know him better. Friends do that too you know... And even if I were to date him, what's so wrong about two people enjoying each other's company? How exactly is the rest of the world affected by that? I bet you bash on gay and lesbian couples too, don't you?... And for that reason your opinion is of little value to me...
    Last edited by Rakshasa; 26-10-13 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    You can't speak for every older man, just yourself. That's your opinion.
    Of course some older guys like dating way younger women. It's good for their poor little egos. It doesn't make it any less pathetic.

I know, it's so pathetic that an older guy has something so special to offer that a beautiful woman chooses him over someone her own age. I think someone is jealous and insecure

I bet you bash on gay and lesbian couples too, don't you?... And for that reason your opinion is of little value to me...
    So you accuse me (with absolutely not evidence at all) that I'm homophobic and then use that as an excuse to try to demolish my argument. And then you go on to suggest I'm jealous and insecure.
    Not a very grown up way to argue your point of view.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast