View Poll Results: Do women like tall men or very tall men?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am woman and I believe women like very tall men.

0 0%
  • I am woman and I believe women like tall men.

2 25.00%
  • I am woman and I believe women like average men.

0 0%
  • I am woman and I believe women like short men.

0 0%
  • I am man and I believe women like very tall men.

0 0%
  • I am man and I believe women like tall men.

4 50.00%
  • I am man and I believe women like average men.

1 12.50%
  • I am man and I believe women like short men.

0 0%
  • I do not know / I do not answer

1 12.50%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do women like tall men or very tall men?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'll be politically incorrect, why not? Yes, I like them tall, or even very tall. I am also fairly tall for a girl, for the record.
    But unless he was significantly shorter than me, it probably wouldn't be a deal-breaker.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

All other things being equal, I'm attracted to a man who's a similar height to me. I have no opinion on what other women may like.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I don't really mind how tall they are. I like shorter guys too

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course I can't speak for all women, but it seems to me that the majority of women generally like men to be taller than them. Does that mean the man has to be tall? Well 5'6" is pretty tall to a girl who's 5'1".

Personally, I've always preferred to date men who were my height or taller when I wear high heels. I'm 5'8" so that's a tall order. Crappy pun intended. My hubby is 6'2" and I love love love it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I think it's proportionate to the girls height?... Like a head and shoulders taller then the girl is good, that way the couple looks good together and doesn't have to cramp necks when kissing. Just in general of course.. most couples fall in love for reasons far from height.

Thank you all for your answers. @ BackUpOrGetStng, I am also 6 feet (1.83) and I also think that 6 feet and 1 inch (1.85) is the perfect. But if I wear high boots and my hair is long maybe I can reach 6 feet and 2 inches (1.88). I think, taller than this becomes ugly. For example if you are 7 feet (2.14) you cannot seat with your girl to eat in a restaurant.

And about my preferences in girls, I prefer from 5 feet and 2 inches (1.60) to 5 feet and 7 inches (1.70).

As long as he is taller than I am when I am wearing two inch heels I am fine. I am 5 ft 5, I only dated one guy who was 6 ft but I didn't date him because he was tall, I was attracted to him for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by joanna1 View Post
    As long as he is taller than I am when I am wearing two inch heels I am fine. I am 5 ft 5, I only dated one guy who was 6 ft but I didn't date him because he was tall, I was attracted to him for other reasons.
    Didn't you date him because of his height? Was this the reason? Did he want you to continue?

I have dated guys short fat skinny tall.....they all have to have a nice ass....that's what I look for. I don't think I would date a guy too tall unless you are Ed China from Wheeler Dealers lol.

There's a lot more to what attracts women anyways...
    Last edited by smackie9; 02-11-13 at 09:56 PM.

I have a preference leaning towards men who are similar in height to me. I am taller than the average female and I get enough odd looks as it is without dating a male that is shorter than I am.

I have to admit a man that is significantly taller is definitely a turn on. I think it plays on the whole "protection" role.

On the flip side it is not easy for a woman of my height to find a man who is shorter than I am that would be willing to date me. At first it's ok, then they tell you that your heels can only be so high, then that you can't wear them at all and it just becomes a ridiculous situation. I'm 6'2 and am not afraid to wear my 4" heels, a lot of men can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Historical View Post
    Didn't you date him because of his height? Was this the reason? Did he want you to continue?
    I dated him because he had dimples and a nice smile and had an awesome personality, his height was irrelevant to me. I think a lot of girls did like him because of his height and body though.

The girl has to be slightly smaller, so the guy looks like he is in control.
    Also the heights can't be too drastic, for me anyways, or it just looks weird.

I personally, like someone that is 1-3" shorter than me, because it helps with dancing.

Everyone is different, if there's chemistry, even a taller girl could work for someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12