View Poll Results: Do women like tall men or very tall men?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am woman and I believe women like very tall men.

0 0%
  • I am woman and I believe women like tall men.

2 25.00%
  • I am woman and I believe women like average men.

0 0%
  • I am woman and I believe women like short men.

0 0%
  • I am man and I believe women like very tall men.

0 0%
  • I am man and I believe women like tall men.

4 50.00%
  • I am man and I believe women like average men.

1 12.50%
  • I am man and I believe women like short men.

0 0%
  • I do not know / I do not answer

1 12.50%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do women like tall men or very tall men?

Do women like tall men or very tall men?

Hello everyone and especially girls. My height is between 6 feet - 6 feet and 1 inch (between 1.83 m - 1.86 m) and in Greece I am considered to be tall man, but not very tall. So I am wondering, do women prefer tall men or very tall men?

Is a man with height 6 feet and 6 inch (1.98 m) beautiful? Is a man with height 7 feet (2.13 m) beautiful?

Tell me your opinion. Thank you.

I'm a guy but think that women should like all men regardless of how tall or short they are. Because preferring someone to be a certain height is just incredibly shallow and judgemental. After all, its what's on the inside that counts isn't it?

I'm 5'6 and he has to be a certain height to ride this ride. So as long as he is my height which I will be taller then him wearing heels, or he is taller then that's fine.
    Last edited by Starnique; 23-10-13 at 04:00 AM.

Size matters but quality over quantity is important too. Like tall and skinny guy will be rather turnoff for a girl. But short and realy good looking guy can make a girl feel no less of a woman than a big man. Its realy depends on what you do with a girl and care you take of yourself.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I'm a guy but think that women should like all men regardless of how tall or short they are. Because preferring someone to be a certain height is just incredibly shallow and judgemental. After all, its what's on the inside that counts isn't it?
    I know you're writing this to make fun of people who say that men that care about women's looks are shallow and judgmental, but those people don't say that men should like all women. They just say that men that care about women's looks are shallow and judgmental, which is true only if a guy actually avoids talking and interacting with a woman based solely on the fact that he doesn't find her stereotypically attractive (which often doesn't mean that he wouldn't find her attractive). It's stupid to say "guys that care about women's looks are shallow" because it's perfectly normal to find some people attractive and some other people not attractive, and a portion of what makes us be attracted or not attracted to someone is their looks, so it's very normal to care about looks. It's not stupid to say that "guys that ONLY care about women's looks are shallow", because it's true (and it goes for women who only care about men's looks too, of course).

Back on topic.

I am a woman, and I don't have a specific height range for guys I'm attracted to. Well, I do have a preferred height range, but it isn't absolute, it is relative to my own height: I don't generally like guys that are much shorter than myself or much taller than myself. Disclosing how tall I am wouldn't make a difference, because I would say the same thing whatever height I was.

Height is not what makes a man attractive or unattractive to me. It's just one of the many aesthetic traits that, together with the way a guy moves and talks and holds himself etc, make him attractive or unattractive to me (assuming I like his personality or I don't know his personality yet apart from the fact that he is a good person, which I can tell just by looking at his eyes and the way he holds himself and interacts with others). It's the ensemble that counts, not the individual traits.
    Last edited by searock; 23-10-13 at 04:07 AM.

I can't vote for all women - because all women are different.

Me? I'm 5'7" or 170cm and height is the least of my concerns for a man.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I can't vote for all women - because all women are different.
    This. I'm amazed it still needs to be spelt out for some people (like the OP).

Thank you all for your answers. You can imagine one man with 4 versions: Short, average, tall and very tall. Everything else is the same. Same behavior, same inside, same eyes, same knowledge, same name, same personality, etc, but different height. Who one you will prefer?

For me, the most important thing (so far) about a girl is her appearance. If she looks like an original female, with good body, good hair, good face and eyes, in the first meeting, she has earned me more than 50%. And sometimes I believe in first glance... The behavior and inside are more important for a long relationship or marriage, I do not disagree. But in the begin, her appearance is very important.

About poll, women can say: I am woman, I like tall men, and I believe women like average men. Doesn't a woman have opinion about the majority of women?
    Last edited by Historical; 23-10-13 at 05:19 AM.

Appearance is very important in first impressions, in fact it is easily the most important thing on such occasions, I don't think anyone is denying that. For me, appearance is more than just a "still photograph". I notice the way he moves and gestures, the way he talks and walks and the way he interacts with other persons, and most importantly the way he looks at thing, his "eyes" so to speak. Looks are important too, but the same guy can be very attractive or not attractive at all, depending on the things I just listed.

If I were equally attracted (appearance- and personality-wise) to all 4 guys (short, average height, tall and very tall), I would go with the one that is closer to my own height. If two of them are equally close to my height (one being slightly shorter and the other slightly taller), I'd pick the taller between the two.

I repeat: it's the ensemble that counts, not the individual trait.

I obviously can only speak for myself, I don't know what all women prefer.
    Last edited by searock; 23-10-13 at 05:48 AM.

It depends on the woman. There are no generalizations. You are asking if all women like chocolate ice cream. Some do; others are lactose intolerant.

I once banged a chick who was 6 ft 5. I don't know if that's relevant to the thread I just felt like bragging.

If all else is equal, the vast majority of women will prefer the taller guy. Women will try to argue with this, because they don't like being pegged into the same hole, but it's true.

Want to pick up a lot of chicks? Being tall is a great start.

Women generally do like tall men. I think 6'1 is great for most women. I'm 6' and I don't think I'm really that tall relatively, but women frequently tell me I'm tall in an endearing way..guess you just need to be taller than them. Slightly taller than them in heels is probably just about perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    I once banged a chick who was 6 ft 5. I don't know if that's relevant to the thread I just felt like bragging.
    That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Slightly taller than them in heels is probably just about perfect.
    I actually prefer if we're the same height when I'm in (not very high) heels. I have never been attracted to guys much taller than myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast