+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This might sound stupid but I'm afraid of calling/texting my date/crush first.. Help?

This might sound stupid but I'm afraid of calling/texting my date/crush first.. Help?

Tomorrow will be two weeks since I met my crush/date. Last Friday, we went out on a date. We have a date planned for Friday (my date said I get to choose the location)

Anyways, he never texted me last week on Tuesday. I was worried because he has been since When he got my number on 10/26. Also my date didn't text me Monday. I was thinking of texting him myself but I chickened out because I have people telling me that if I text him first, I'd sound and look desperate. I found out yesterday he was busy because he told me he was at work filling in for someone who called out sick. He also asked me on a second date yesterday (what I mentioned above).

Today he is not texting me again. The thing is I would text him but I got the feeling I would sound desperate and look stupid (since I've been told that) and in have a feeling he might be at work. I don't want to bother someone who is working.

How can I get over this, because I know its stupid to think that? I know he likes me because he wouldn't of asked me on a second date yesterday...

I know we will talk tomorrow because he mentioned to let him know where I want to go with him by Thursday night...

Being afraid to send someone a text in case it upsets them, to the point where they may not want to be in a relationship with you is desperate! You need to work on actually NOT BEING desperate rather than trying to find ways to cover up your desperation. When you say you know he likes you, what do you mean by "likes" - mostly men would consider that wanting to have sex with a girl is "liking" them, I am concerned that your desperation may lead you to believe he wants more than just sex, unfortunately there is a good chance that this is not the case, especially with his lack of contact. Figure out what YOU want and then go out and meet someone who can deliver it, dont settle for someone who can't.

Agree with Ryan. Twisting yourself up in knots like this just reeks of desperation. I think it's far less desperate to be more nonchalant about contact and have a 'whatever will happen will happen" outlook. Truth be told, if he's scared off by you sending one text, then he's obviously NOT into you anyway....so you've got nothing to lose by sending it.

Also, your friends are really stupid. Do not ask them for any more advice.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You think if you text him you'll look desperate. So if he texts you does that also make him look desperate.

Why don't you two just grow up. Give the guy a call.

You guys are right.

I won't listen to my friends advice anymore because I had a feeling that it was stupid but they were ones in relationships, not me, so I listened. Next time I will give him a text myself

Quote Originally Posted by xowinterbaby View Post
    You guys are right.

I won't listen to my friends advice anymore because I had a feeling that it was stupid but they were ones in relationships, not me, so I listened. Next time I will give him a text myself
    Excellent, let us know how it goes!

I am in a similar situation to xowinterbaby, today I met a good looking guy (working professional). After an awkward introduction, he asked if it would be possible see me more often and if he could have my number, and I said yes. He took his phone out and I took out mine, thinking we would exchange numbers... I guess because I had my phone out as well he then asked if I was going to take his number, and I said yes (so we weren't exactly on the same page as he was just planning on taking my #, and I was thinking of exchanging #'s). He gave me his number and told me to ask for him, the number he gave me was his home phone and not his cell phone which he had in his hand. So then we shook hands, and said nice to meet you and I left.

My question is what do I do now?
    Is he really interested?
    Should I call the number he gave me?
    How long should I wait to call?
    Or since I know where he works should I just like cutely slip him my # while he at work and be like I forgot to give it to you when we met or something....

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingWoman View Post
    My question is what do I do now?
    If you're interested in him give him a call
    Is he really interested?
    Well he gave you him number didn't he. So why not call him and find out?
    Should I call the number he gave me?
    Should? Well you decide honey. Call him, don't call him - makes ferk all difference to us.
    How long should I wait to call?
    Dear god. Do you want us to call him for you. Stop already with the stupid questions. Just give the guy a call. As long as it's not during the middle of the night.
    Or since I know where he works should I just like cutely slip him my # while he at work and be like I forgot to give it to you when we met or something....
    Excellent idea. He's made a move by giving him you're number but you're so pathetic that you'd rather wimp out and give him your number so leaving all the running to him. Get a grip. Just give the guy a bloody call. How old are you - 12?

lol Boisdevie that was funny, a little cruel, but funny Of course you are right, WW you really must just call this guy. For future reference, if someone does something like that again, i.e. something that you are not expecting, like gives you their home number when you are expecting to exchange mobiles, then you can just say, right there and then "I would like to exchange mobile numbers" and see what they do. At that point you have not invested any emotion into the friendship so if they say "er can't do that" then you know something shady is going on and and back away before you do invest in the situation. Anyway, call, get it over with. How do you feel about this guy? what did the conversation consist of? It sounds like it is just that you think he is OK looking and probably an OK kind of guy so maybe you will be friends and see where it goes from there - I worry that you have built this into such a big thing that you feel you need to post to the forum about it, when it is just a tiny thing in reality. That tells me of a potential deep seated insecurity and social inadequacy on your part, would you say that is anywhere near accurate?

Sounds like communication is important to you, as it should be. If u want to talk to him, talk to him. If he doesn't respond or isn't a very available person, then this is probably not going to be a satisfying relationship to you. Find someone that wants to talk to u as much as u want to talk to them.