+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help from Americans :)

Don't waste your money on Madame Toussau's & Ripleys. They are everywhere & are not uniquely NY.

Pick 1-2 museums; you don't have time to do them all. If you like art go to the Met. If you want dinosaurs go to Natural History.

There's nothing in Flushing Meadows unless you want to go to a sporting event; tickets will not be part of the pass package.

Times Square doesn't have a cost, unless you are paying for a bus to drive you through. Just walk there for free. (think Temple Bar)

The Central Park Zoo is kind of like the Dublin Zoo (Your profile says you are currently in Ireland). It's not huge. If you want a big amazing zoo, go to the Bronx Zoo.

Coney Island is no longer like it was in it's hey day. Take a subway & walk the boardwalk for free. Treat yourself to a Nathan's hot dog & a knish.

For views of the skyline you can go to the Empire State Building or the Top of the Rock. There is no need to do both. For a better view of the city, take a Circle Lines tour.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Hey guys. Im going to new york for a week in march. Im not sure how much money i need. I was thinking $1300 for food, drink, sightseeing, transport etc and another 1300 just for shopping. Is this enough or do i need more? Really appreciate some tips. The hotel and flights are already paid for
    Short answer: More than you think.

Longer answer: If you have to ask, it's not enough.

Serious answer: $2600 is way enough for a week - enjoy!

Thanks guys especially dolmom you have been really helpful x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You can also visit Grand Central Station for free. It is worth walking though. You can view the Statue of Liberty free from Battery Park on the South end of Manhattan. The Staten Island Ferry is a free boat ride from there too. You can talk a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge for free and there is a nice view of the skyline from the middle of the bridge. You can take a walk through Chinatown and Greenwich Village. Also Washington Square Park is a cute little park in the village. All free.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12