+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: need opinion on a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    That certainly goes for male attention whores as well. O.o
    I agree, Susan B. Anthony. I thought my statement was gender neutral.

It wasn't... David DeAngelo. lmao
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Why isn't it? What's the male-specific term for attention whore? The vast majority of attention whores are women, but I do agree that any man who behaves this way is deserving of the same.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 26-11-13 at 11:17 AM.

The only reason I say you were not being gender neutral was because you added the words "like this" after your attention whore comment implying that only women need to be knocked down, since she is one. If you had just said, Attention Whores, then I'd not think you were implying that only women are such.

Besides, You give that advise often while forgetting that the person you're usually giving it to is already in too deep to just treat her as a warm wet place. One has to be mad enough at the object of his projectile or not yet smitten to get to that point to be able to successfully pull it off.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

"Like this" was a reference to her behavior and attitude. The statement was gender neutral. Easy on the Koolaid, you're starting to sound like Searock.

Who knows how deep these folks really are until they test the waters? Attitudes on both sides can change very quickly when you add options.

Quote Originally Posted by gantgui View Post
    Honestly i doubt she is using me. She know i am very assertive and knows i wouldn't take shit like that from any girl. And i even told her i won't compete for her and she has already previously stopped talking to the guy in order to show me i was more important(read longer story on page 2)
    Hi gantgui,

Thanks for putting up the longer version of your story.

Now you tell me what do you exactly want, in a simple Yes or No ? When you have evaluated her and her thoughts about you, what's the problem? You say, you are charming. You say, she knows you're not a guy who would spend huge amount of money on her....you say, she knows you are not a kind of a guy who would fight for a girl etc. So, you can only better judge what you want? If you are so much high on your guards that she cannot use you or do anything wrong, I don't see a point in you putting so much efforts to think about just a date with her.

The other guy is not her boyfriend, so anyways, she is free to hit upon. And anyways, you guys are not committed or love each other, no feelings attached, just friends and she likes you primarily because of your personality...so what's a big deal in asking her out for a day? Why you thinking so much ? Go ahead, go on, hang out, have fun and enjoy. She'll feel happy in your company and so will you.
    All The Best !!!
    Take Care !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    "Like this" was a reference to her behavior and attitude. The statement was gender neutral.
    No it wasn't. But that's okay. I know what it "was."

Easy on the koolaid
    Fk I wish you'd stop telling me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart Healer View Post
    Hi gantgui,

Thanks for putting up the longer version of your story.

Now you tell me what do you exactly want, in a simple Yes or No ? When you have evaluated her and her thoughts about you, what's the problem? You say, you are charming. You say, she knows you're not a guy who would spend huge amount of money on her....you say, she knows you are not a kind of a guy who would fight for a girl etc. So, you can only better judge what you want? If you are so much high on your guards that she cannot use you or do anything wrong, I don't see a point in you putting so much efforts to think about just a date with her.

The other guy is not her boyfriend, so anyways, she is free to hit upon. And anyways, you guys are not committed or love each other, no feelings attached, just friends and she likes you primarily because of your personality...so what's a big deal in asking her out for a day? Why you thinking so much ? Go ahead, go on, hang out, have fun and enjoy. She'll feel happy in your company and so will you.
    Sorry, but can you explain how continuing to do what he's always done is going to advance him in anyway?

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Swan View Post
    ??? I don't think it's about breaking hearts--she is just trying to maximize her options.
    Give the girl a cigar!

No it wasn't.
    It was unless you think this behavior is exclusive to women. I think the majority are women, but men aren't precluded.

Quote Originally Posted by gantgui View Post
    m a male(19) She is a girl (18)This girl i know has been crushing on me for the past two years. I wasn't really interested until recently.Problem is i thought she's currently seeing someone. I went up to her an asked her if it that guy was her boyfriend. She answered ''its leading to that''. I than said'' okay nevermind then''. She then asks me why i wanted to know. I answer''I would of asked you out''. She than tells me she is still aloud to do stuff with me since she is only ''seeing him''. I tell her that i am not the type of guy who fights over a girl and that she has to choose to either stop seeing him or else i am not going to compete vs that guy. She disagreed to stop seeing him but said we could still chill though...... What does that really mean..
    Since for long time you did not show interest, until recently, I think it is time to show how interested you are. Easy come always easy go, she might need you to step up and fight for she love; of course everyone would love that and the fact that she is the one who had a crush on you, you need to show your strength and determination.
    Love makes two people to stay together and be bind to one another

It was unless you think this behavior is exclusive to women. I think the majority are women, but men aren't precluded.
    The term is not gender neutral... the way you used the term is what made it gender neutral. (IMO) My "that goes for men too" comment was more directed at the meaningless sex aspect anyway so I'm not sure why we're going on about this? O.o

The term is not gender neutral... the way you used the term is what made it gender neutral. (IMO) My "that goes for men too" comment was more directed at the meaningless sex aspect anyway so I'm not sure why we're going on about this? O.o
    **** Canada! Bet you wish you had Thanksgiving, dontcha? DONTCHA?! Yeah, you do. I think I'll go treat myself some stuffing.

**** Canada! Bet you wish you had Thanksgiving, dontcha? DONTCHA?! Yeah, you do. I think I'll go treat myself some stuffing.
    I don't lol I like chicken more than turkey.

I was talking to WakeUp. I know she wishes she had Thanksgiving.

I don't like Turkey much either. The ham is where it's at.

I was talking to WakeUp. I know she wishes she had Thanksgiving.

I don't like Turkey much either. The ham is where it's at.
    Don't matter--you brought my country of residence into this. So I am in by association.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast