+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asked a girl out, now she seems less interested

Asked a girl out, now she seems less interested

Hi!
    I have a crush on this girl at my university. Known her for about a year, but haven't talked to her much. I found out she also plays tennis, so a couple of months ago I told her to let me know if wanted to play some time, and she asked me about a month ago if we should play. And so we did a couple of times, and I really thought we hit it off, and we usually stood around talking for 30+ mins after each time, she was laughing a lot and genuinely seemed into me. So after the 4th time, I asked if she wanted to come to my place, eat some food, watch a movie or something. And she said yes, without hesitation,which I interpret as she having thought about it beforehand. So far, so good.

But it has now been 2 weeks since I "asked her out", and she hasn't had time to come to me yet, and both of the times she's said that busy, she has not come up with an alternate time, or said something like "we'll do it next week". I think she has very little experience with guys or dating in general, and that she's quite shy and insecure in general, so I don't know how much weight I should put on how she responds. I am also 2-3years older than her. But I'm starting to get the feel that she doesn't prioritize meeting me much. Which is weird compared to how she has been when I've spent time with her, and when I asked her out.

Anyways, should I keep on asking her until we find a time that suits her? Should I wait for her to contact me? Could her feelings have changed in the two weeks we haven't seen each other? Surely how it felt when I was with her, and when I asked her out matters more than facebook replies?

Thank you for any replies!

Nope! She's not into you......yet anyway. Let her call you.....do not text or call again

Then why did she seem happy and 100% sure that she wanted to go out with me when I asked her, and whe does she beam up if I smile to her at Uni?
    But thank you for the reply, and even if she is into me, not contacting her might be the wisest thing to do...

if you're calling/ texting and she keeps blowing you off dude then do either 1 of 2 things 1) move on or 2)wait on her to talk to you again..i suggest trying option#1 because life is too short to be waiting around

Maybe she read "The Rules". That book suggests refusing a guy's date proposition unless it's four days in advance, and not suggesting an alternative.

If you want to try her one more time and put your mind to rest, ask her: "Do you still want to do the movie thing?" If she says yes, say "When are you free?" Then find a time that works for both of you.

Thank you, sounds like a plan.

You are friend zoned.......

I dont't think her being busy two weekends in a row has to mean I'm friendzoned, but my confidence is wearing after hearing other people's opinion ; )

Another vote for the friendzone, or at least a lack of interest.

Stop contacting her. Keep talking to other girls, and be very direct with this girl if she contacts you. If she does end up wanting to go out with you, push things sexually and you'll know where you stand very quickly.

I still say friendzone.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Another vote for the friendzone, or at least a lack of interest.

Stop contacting her. Keep talking to other girls, and be very direct with this girl if she contacts you. If she does end up wanting to go out with you, push things sexually and you'll know where you stand very quickly.

I still say friendzone.
    by sexually i hope you mean intimacy cuz pushing for sexually gets u dropped real fast

Quote Originally Posted by swedish22 View Post
    I dont't think her being busy two weekends in a row has to mean I'm friendzoned, but my confidence is wearing after hearing other people's opinion ; )
    I'm not basing my opinion just on that. You said things slowed down after you asked her out....her enthusiasm has wained. I think at first she thought it was to just hang out, but later realized it was to be a date. Just my 2 cents....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Love View Post
    by sexually i hope you mean intimacy cuz pushing for sexually gets u dropped real fast
    Maybe it gets you dropped real fast.

This guy's got nothing to lose anyway.

Don't know if anybody cares, but she contacted me today and wondered if we should hang out next week. So I guess I'm still in the game!

Make sure she knows it's a date, not just friends hanging out.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Make sure she knows it's a date, not just friends hanging out.
    Yup, I'm 98% sure she knows, but I'll make it 100 : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast