+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have no idea what I am doing

I have no idea what I am doing

Hey everoyne,

I am sorry for the long story but I would really like some advice, because I don't know what is happening with me.

I am a male 18 years old and my girlfriend is 16 years old.
    I love my girlfriend, I love her more as anything in the world and we are 6 months together now.
    We don't say I love you as many times as we used too and we rarely say I missed you (which was 1 month ago different)
    So I've met my girlfriend over internet (LDR) and she lives like 8 hours away from me.
    We chat over Skype and over Whatsapp, we haven't called eachother yet which we should start doing..
    but I am a bit shy and so is she I think.
    The thing is, she used to make a lot of time for me, she was crazy about me and lately a lot of things changed and I don't have a clue what is happening.

Things that changed
    1. She is not as open as first (we chat at night for 1-2 hours) and she doesn't want to say anything about what happend, what she did which I respect.. but she used to tell me everything before.
    2. When we chat by whatsapp (phone) I have to start the conversation and I have to continue it, she never asks me things I always ask her things and she also never starts chatting (like: how are you doing, anything wrong?)
    She responds to my questions but in short answers like: "Yes, uhu, Cool, Oh".
    3. We promised eachother that we will get together later and lately she've told me she isn't sure anymore (Which I understand, nobody wants to leave their family and friends)
    4. No more future talk, not surely but in a LDR.. isn't this like something that happens? I haven't heard her talking about the future for a month...

She says that she is just lazy at this time, but still how can laziness affect this?

Anyway she is surrounded by guys a lot, her classmates are like 80% male and she chills with guys which she calls her best buddies and she plays fights with her best buddies.
    She's always with her best buddies now and chats to me only at night, she doesn't text me on my phone unless I started the chat.
    I've been cheated on once (not my current girlfriend) and I've never ended a relationship.. my ex's always did.
    I am insecure and I feel like she doesn't care about it, can someone explain me why I feel like she will leave me for another dude?
    Has it something to do with my past? How can I get rid of this? Does she like someone else?

(Me breaking up with her might not be something I am able to do)

Thanks for your advice and reading!

Reasons:
    #1. The honeymoon stage (time of infatuation) of your relationship is over.
    #2.Distance is a killer. If you can't physically be together, there is no proper emotional bonding to increase the longevity of your feelings.
    #3. She's bored, Being that young, they have a short attention span...they will be crazy about something intensely, but will quickly burn out and find something else that triggers that intense feeling again.
    #4. Not emotionally mature enough to handle a long term committed relationship.
    #5. It's another dude. If she can have someone with her all the time vs someone on a computer screen, it's a no brainer which one she would choose.

If she has an interest in someone else, it's not because they are better, it's because of the circumstances.....it's #2 is the root of your issue.

Conclusion: you need to work on your shyness if you want to get anywhere. Having a relationship on a computer, as you can see, is not your answer to this problem you have.

Time to suck it up, for you are a few years away from adulthood and you are going to need to be able to properly socially interact with women.

Don't worry about breaking up....she will be the one that will take care of that for you.

Thanks for the advice, I was clueless but I know what to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by caringperson View Post

I've been cheated on once (not my current girlfriend) and I've never ended a relationship.. my ex's always did.

(Me breaking up with her might not be something I am able to do)

Thanks for your advice and reading!
    This right here you need to address. When the writing is on the wall, you need to step up and take responsibility like a man. Talk straight with them, ask them if they want still want to be with you, and if they do then TELL them they need to work on it, and discuss changes you want to see, and whatever they want you to change.....you need to be honest with them, no cowering in a corner till they breakup or cheat on you.