+ Follow This Topic

Thread: so i got a 4th date proper...

so i got a 4th date proper...

and i'm a bit lost and confused. i guess it's my own fault. i met this amazing woman online and managed to initiate almost all of the way with positive response. but i have not held her hand or kissed her yet...from what i've read and heard from friends she should not have said yes to a 4th. in the past i have been drunk or asked to kiss for the first time. my ex told me not to ask again even though it worked on her. am i forcing it if i have such a problem initiating this stuff? is she uninterested if she has not taken it into her own hands? obviously it's now or never this time and i need to just do it and see what happens. so far everything besides that has been great with her, conversation, phone calls and texts, light flirting. i really need more experience and less shyness.

You're way too slow. By the 4th date you should be playing hide the sausage.

It is really gross to kiss someone who is drunk. Lay off the booze when you go out with someone and you should have better results.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

I've always been baffled by people who count dates. I've just never understood it. In fact, I don't even understand dating. If I want to go somewhere and want a girl to come out with me, I just go buy the tickets and swing by and pick her up wherever she is. I can't even remember one time I've ever 'asked' for a 'date', and certainly have never 'asked' to kiss. That just seems bizarre to me. And counting the number of dates? I guess I just live in a different world. If I really like a girl I'm just going to kiss her. And if I want to be around her, I'll just go get her. That's all. The end. It's that uncomplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by chitown View Post
    obviously it's now or never this time and i need to just do it and see what happens. experience and less shyness.
    Obviously!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion