+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to approach her?

How to approach her?

I'm in this interterm class at college (1 month long January class) and this really pretty girl kept exchanging glances with me today in class, and occasionally our eyes linked. I mean, she was sitting in front of me to the side and kept turning right in my way and looking either at or near me, so she definitely seems interested since this went on for the ENTIRE DURATION of the 2 1/2 hour class.... ...

My problem is finding how to approach her. I'm too shy to do it in the class during the beginning or end in front of others, unless it's class-related then I can get an entry. It seems the best time would be after class as she's leaving... tho in class she's with a friend, I don't know if she'd be with her friend when leaving as she tends to leave class later than I do, and I'd only have the courage to approach a girl when she's alone (wouldn't have the slightest clue how to approach a girl who's walking with a friend, I'd have to awkwardly interrupt them and ignore the other girl, doesn't seem plausible, haha..).

Even though I'm more of an introvertive pisces, I don't see any problem once I find the right time to comfortably approach her, as I've already got a few conversation starters (class, her nose ring-which I just so happen to be getting my first [and only] nose piercing this weekend), I just need to find a way to approach her to talk and get her number. I only got another 2 weeks before this class ends and she'll be lost in the abyss of the thousands of other girls at college... also had a few premonition type thoughts over winter break about a girl with cute bangs and a nose ring...which describes her perfectly, so I don't want to let this one go.

Any thoughts or advice?

p.s. hadn't have a gf before, but don't think that matters :p I have asked two girls out before, one (or possibly both) had bf's at the time, so no dice
    Last edited by maverick29; 16-01-14 at 08:48 AM.

I had the same issue when I went back to college. Kinda creepy but I just followed her and her friend till they parted ways then went up to her. That girl became the mother of my son

Although....going up and talking to both of them would really make you look good in her eyes....just saying
    Last edited by surfhb2; 16-01-14 at 12:01 AM.

He's an introvert AND a Pisces so he won't make a move. Apart from during a solstice when Aries is in Sagittarius but provided she's a Taurean. Then it might just work.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    I had the same issue when I went back to college. Kinda creepy but I just followed her and her friend till they parted ways then went up to her. That girl became the mother of my son

Although....going up and talking to both of them would really make you look good in her eyes....just saying
    Wow, that's really something! I think I'd be more inclined to go stalker status... approaching one girl's hard enough, two—forgettt it

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    He's an introvert AND a Pisces so he won't make a move. Apart from during a solstice when Aries is in Sagittarius but provided she's a Taurean. Then it might just work.
    lol thanks for the encouragement.. saying it like it is I guess, though I'm hoping it goes differently..

well, today was a repeat of yesterday, she was staring my way and making direct eye contact for 2 1/2 hours, even though she sits in front me. only thing is she seems to stay after class for awhile, as I tried to wait about 5-10 minutes, no dice.

but tomorrow we got a midterm so I'll just do my test fast as usual but then just go over my stuff until she turns her test in and catch her on her way out. should be a better scenario, considering everybody leaves at different times during tests, which means she probably won't be with anybody when she's leaving.

When she kept looking your way, did you smile at her? An honest smile is a really great way to break the ice
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yep, I gave just as many gazes back, locked eyes, and a couple times smiled. I'd say I have a pretty sunny position too, so I know I'll have a good smile going when I go to ask her out

Cool. So when you smiled, did she smile back? If so, she's going to be friendly and approachable. You should talk to her.

If she didn't smile back, it's not an outright "no" but she may not be so approachable.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Not really, but I guess I didn't mention the context in which I smiled at her. Most of the class was laughing because of something the teacher said so I glanced her way during this with a smile on my face, she didn't real smile back but I don't she was paying attention to what the teacher was saying at the time either. so I guess I wasn't just straight up smiling at her, it was more of staring while kind of laughing at something else.

But I mean, a girl that's been staring at me as much as she has, she has to be interested and therefore (somewhat) approachable, right? I don't think she'd be staring back at me all this time for nothing
    Last edited by maverick29; 17-01-14 at 08:08 AM.

Well, Thursday class ended up being the same as usual...

Instead of trying to wait for her after class, I think I might try grabbing a seat next to her in class and just talk to her like any classmate, then when I have the opportunity, I can ask her out. That way I can have a couple of conversations with her before I actually just ask her out without actually having talked to her before. Probably a better idea right?

p.s. by the way, thanks for the responses. it helps to work things out with others and get opinions.
    Last edited by maverick29; 19-01-14 at 08:39 AM.

So I take it your next post will be that there were no chairs next to her when class started

Dude.....you're blowing it

How to do it? Just do it. If you're shy and do it in front of people, it'll impress her.

I'd suggest just walking up and saying that you find her interesting, want to get to know her better, and ask her out for coffee.