+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got with this girl and she won't stop saying she loves me

Just got with this girl and she won't stop saying she loves me

Okay, so last night I got together with this girl (She is 17, I'm 19) Now, I don't know whether you would consider this a problem or not but she won't stop saying she loves me, like fair play if she does but we have been together a day! The other thing is she asks me if I love her, she messaged me saying "I Love you baby, do you love me?" I couldn't say no so I said I do, but I don't not in a bad way but we only just got together how can I love her already? It also doesn't feel like we are together, but that might be because it's early in the relationship but I'm here to ask for some advice on what can I do about it? For instance 10 minutes after we got together she texted me (we got together just before she went) saying I love you, what I felt was far too soon, and has already put us in a relationship on facebook and wrote on my wall saying "Happy valentines day baby, today was amazing I love you" We were only together for about an hour all we did was walk around shops for her, how was that amazing? I'm not trying to sound horrible but isn't it too early to be doing all this? I'm not ashamed to be with her, but I don't want her writing on my wall saying that stuff.

She just randomly messages me saying "I love you" just out the blue.

Just ask her to slow down. Explain that you just started a relationship. You like her a lot, and care about her, but love takes time to grow. She's just being like normal woman, expressing those good feelings inside, but really at different ages, love means different things. She may not know the difference yet! She's 17 so she probably see's her friends saying I love you!

I used to do the same thing at that age, but what it meant back than, and what it means now is different things. Really you just have to explain to her it's to early for you to be saying that, but you don't want her to take things the wrong way. Give the relationship a chance to develop and grow.

"I love you" is too often used out of context.
    If she does it all the time, she might just be weird like this one lady i work with who is the nicest person you could ever meet but she is dumb as a box of rocks.
    Always remember that YOU are the most important person in your world.

Quote Originally Posted by AnErin View Post
    If she does it all the time, she might just be weird like this one lady i work with who is the nicest person you could ever meet but she is dumb as a box of rocks.
    She is weird, I noticed it before I got with her as did my friends, one of my mate reckons I shouldn't get with her but it's my choice, now that could beg the question why I got with her still, but she is a good looking girl with personality so it goes well, also my best friend girlfriend is one of her closes mates as well so that works

Quote Originally Posted by AnErin View Post
    DITTO!!! Sometimes when people say 'I Love You', they mean it only with affection. Not what it really means.

Quote Originally Posted by LCMS0516 View Post
    DITTO!!! Sometimes when people say 'I Love You', they mean it only with affection. Not what it really means.
    She messaged me again saying I love you so I ignored it and replied with something else so she put "No, love you back?" I said it's too early to say that and she goes Whats the point in being together then if you don't love me so I said "to love someone takes time does not happen straight away" or something and she was like okay. hopefully she stops it now

You need to have a talk with her pronto.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    You need to have a talk with her pronto.
    I will, she coming mine soon so I can then

And what happen next!

**** me, I've gotten with a weird girl, she woke me up this morning by texting me saying "Good morning boyfriend" Know idea why she needed to add the boyfriend part, but again she still saying she loves me despite me saying it to her yesterday, she isn't feeling well so I said get better soon and she goes thanks love you, also.... She doesn't think she is good enough and that I don't want her or something, she said it yesterday as well... today her 'friend' on her phone (If it is her friend im not sure) texted me saying "It's (girlfriend name) friend she feels like you don't want to be with her" I said why does she think that and she goes I don't know that's what she said so I said ask her why she said that and she goes, she said she don't know... so I said ask her why and she goes she don't know... wtf how can you not know?

She's just being a young woman. When they say they don't know, there just embarrassed to say what they're feeling or thinking. It's away to avoid being put on the spot. So she probably feels you don't want to be with her because you said it bothers you about the love you stuff. She's just happy to have you as a boyfriend. Woman are cheesy sometimes and say things like that at a young age. I would just leave it alone and if it annoys you just let it go in one ear and out the other. Really she's saying positive things, but might not know yet how to communicate her feelings and emotions appropriately.

I'm not sure how many relationships she's had or you've had before this, but relationships are where we learn how to communicate, and relate, and set boundaries. So you are both very young, and don't have alot of experience yet in the dating department, or really how it all works yet. Some things you just let go, if it is harmless and positive. If it really bothers you and she does obssessively it's another thing like 20 times a day. lol Sometimes they do that too, without realising they are doing it too much. You really just have to be gentle with her and tell her what is comfortable and not comfortable. As she should do with you. But it's very early in your relationship, so she still has to learn alot about you, and her to know what those comfort levels are in the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattiemae View Post
    She's just being a young woman. When they say they don't know, there just embarrassed to say what they're feeling or thinking. It's away to avoid being put on the spot. So she probably feels you don't want to be with her because you said it bothers you about the love you stuff. She's just happy to have you as a boyfriend. Woman are cheesy sometimes and say things like that at a young age. I would just leave it alone and if it annoys you just let it go in one ear and out the other. Really she's saying positive things, but might not know yet how to communicate her feelings and emotions appropriately.

I'm not sure how many relationships she's had or you've had before this, but relationships are where we learn how to communicate, and relate, and set boundaries. So you are both very young, and don't have alot of experience yet in the dating department, or really how it all works yet. Some things you just let go, if it is harmless and positive. If it really bothers you and she does obssessively it's another thing like 20 times a day. lol Sometimes they do that too, without realising they are doing it too much. You really just have to be gentle with her and tell her what is comfortable and not comfortable. As she should do with you. But it's very early in your relationship, so she still has to learn alot about you, and her to know what those comfort levels are in the relationship.
    Well, she is coming around mine Wednesday to 'cuddle up and watch films' as she put it... I'll speak to her then about it, because I don't like saying the words "I love you" anyways, if I say it to my mum she will be like "that's nice to hear" because I hate saying it, I'm also going to speak to her about love because I feel she doesn't even know what that means, was looking through her old facebook account and on it she got in a relationship with someone and loads of people commented on it having a go at the boy saying he's an idiot, that its shambles, that she is with a different boy every week, they broke up because she liked someone else (still got together, what makes no sense) and then she was saying I love you, like someone commented said "If you loved him you wouldn't be after other men" this was only 3 months ago as well....

Yes, do as you say, have a conversation with her about love! I'm sure she will be upset with it at first, but I'm sure she will thank you later for it, when she understands better what she's doing. It's not my feeling she's doing it intentionally, but as I stated before she's still learning the ropes. Many teen women do swtich bf's every week because their not mentally and emotionally mature and developed yet. It just depends on how she was raised, and what her reasons for switching bf's too. Like my son had three women in three months because of that, and I finally said give it a rest to you're in college, because they seem to tell you they love you, and get all serious and break up in a few weeks. This was when he was 16, but now he's 18. If they're mature they won't play the mind games, and they will stick around. So we don't know what the motives of the men in her life, or what really happen. So they may have been playing games too, or not! So really it is worth talking to her, and maybe ask her why her other relationships didn't work out. lol There is no wrong or right answer, and no wrong or right question to ask. So the more you know about her, the better you can understand why she does the things she does.

But from what you stated in your post previously you feel she is a nice girl. So really just keep trying to talk with her and see if things change or get better with time. If it's a month from now and she's still doing the same thing, than I'd start to worry after you've already talked to her about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattiemae View Post
    Yes, do as you say, have a conversation with her about love! I'm sure she will be upset with it at first, but I'm sure she will thank you later for it, when she understands better what she's doing. It's not my feeling she's doing it intentionally, but as I stated before she's still learning the ropes. Many teen women do swtich bf's every week because their not mentally and emotionally mature and developed yet. It just depends on how she was raised, and what her reasons for switching bf's too. Like my son had three women in three months because of that, and I finally said give it a rest to you're in college, because they seem to tell you they love you, and get all serious and break up in a few weeks. This was when he was 16, but now he's 18. If they're mature they won't play the mind games, and they will stick around. So we don't know what the motives of the men in her life, or what really happen. So they may have been playing games too, or not! So really it is worth talking to her, and maybe ask her why her other relationships didn't work out. lol There is no wrong or right answer, and no wrong or right question to ask. So the more you know about her, the better you can understand why she does the things she does.

But from what you stated in your post previously you feel she is a nice girl. So really just keep trying to talk with her and see if things change or get better with time. If it's a month from now and she's still doing the same thing, than I'd start to worry after you've already talked to her about it.
    I do like her, she is a gorgeous girl and we get on well like everything I like doing with girls (flirting wise) she does, she it's really good, and I enjoyed being with her when we met up but it's texting when she gets weird, like face to face she is fine but on the phone it's weird as ****!!! Also doesn't feel like we are together but that might be because we just got together, a girl who I previously was really close too has all of a sudden starting to feel in love (as wrote on facebook) she has never done this before so not sure if it's because I am as only a week ago we spoke as I was close to this one girl and she was saying I can do better and I said the same for her with a boy who was too clingy, we both like each other (look wise) but I've always had feelings for her, I lost them when I got close to this other girl (who although we were Not official we both felt like we were together) but I don't with this one...

Always trust your own intuition and gut feelings. Do what is right for you. The closeness comes when you form a bond with each other. What happens is when we're in person we feel more confident and know what is happening. When we are a part, we can be insecure, and our thoughts drift all over the place. So I'm really getting that maybe she feels stupid some times, by what she says, but she is learning. It just matters whether you want to give her a chance and stick around, or be with the other girl. Really there is no right or wrong answer. We learn and live with each person we meet. At this point in time in your life you have so many options ahead of you.

So you're just at the begining stages of dating. Really it comes down to what you feel about this girl and your comfort levels of the situation. Even as you get older with women they will say idiotic things, stupid things, and do stupid things, so either way, you're dealing with insecurities, fears, and the other person learning from you. I always look at this way, when we are in a relationship with someone we are teaching them things about themselves. They are teaching you about yourself. We are mirroring each other, but can be at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Where you are strong, she is weak. Where you are weak she is strong. So doesn't matter what woman you put in front of you. Or what man you put in front of her, those weaknesses come out and the other teaches them to be stronger in those areas. Women often are flighty and airy, want to fly over the mountain, where a man is more grounded and logical and wants to take the trail through the mountain to get to the same destination. So women are based on emotions and men logic. So it is the differences we have to learn about one another, but we still are learning the same lessons in life, but one may be more mature than the other in some area emotionally, mentally, or spiritually.

Women sometimes want to go fast, and men sometimes want to go slow. So it's kind of like the rabbit and the turtle. The turtle slows down the rabbit sometimes, and the rabbit speeds up the turtle sometimes in a relationship. lol We basically all have the same fears about being rejected, not loved, and learning to communicate in a healthy way or not a healthy way. We both go through grief, and have similar emotions we go through various experiences, but deal with them in different ways.

So really it just is whether you believe this woman is worth your time, effort, and someone you want to invest in, and get to know better. If you really don't feel she is, it's better to let her go now, before she is anymore emotionally attached to you. The longer she is with you, the harder it is for her to let go. Just keep that in mind. It is what is best for you, and what feels right to you. Nothing is written in stone.
    Last edited by Mattiemae; 17-02-14 at 02:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast