+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would a guy just move away if he loves a girl?

Would a guy just move away if he loves a girl?

Hi all! Question........ Starting with a little bit of background my bf and I are both 26. We have been dating for about 3 months now and it's been going amazingly well. For the first time in forever I'm actually excited about a guy. Like butterflies in the stomach kind of excited. He's the same way. We're generally people who aren't like this which makes it all the more special for us.... Anyway about a month into our dating he made a comment that didn't bother me so much at the time but now the closer I get to him the more it's got my mind turning. He's initially from TN living in Chicago for the last year and the comment he said is that he doesn't know where he's going to be living a couple years from now. He may want to venture out and live in a new area. My question is would a guy just up and leave a girl he's in a great relationship with? Would he stay? Ask her to come with? I know it's quite a ways down the line and a lot could happen between then and now.... I'm just scared that I'll really fall for this guy and then it'll just be like say ya! haha, well you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean13 View Post
    Hi all! Question........ Starting with a little bit of background my bf and I are both 26. We have been dating for about 3 months now and it's been going amazingly well. For the first time in forever I'm actually excited about a guy. Like butterflies in the stomach kind of excited. He's the same way. We're generally people who aren't like this which makes it all the more special for us.... Anyway about a month into our dating he made a comment that didn't bother me so much at the time but now the closer I get to him the more it's got my mind turning. He's initially from TN living in Chicago for the last year and the comment he said is that he doesn't know where he's going to be living a couple years from now. He may want to venture out and live in a new area. My question is would a guy just up and leave a girl he's in a great relationship with? Would he stay? Ask her to come with? I know it's quite a ways down the line and a lot could happen between then and now.... I'm just scared that I'll really fall for this guy and then it'll just be like say ya! haha, well you know what I mean.
    If his feelings are genuine he'll stick around or discuss the matter with you. He definatley wouldnt leave unless it was for a very important reason.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He is young and should be trying to build an adult life. Sometimes, that includes relocating.

You should quit trying to control all aspects of your life. Love does not come without risk, and either you are willing to risk being hurt, or you aren't.

You're definitely putting the cart before the horse, just enjoy what you have now. I'm sure if things are still going good a couple of years from now, you'll be making plans together, even if it includes relocating.

Agreed with Primo again. Give your relationship time to grow without any of this added pressure. If you start asking and nagging about something like this so soon it may put him off.

If he loves you he won't move away from you.
    anxiety out of place creates relationship static