+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should i do?

What should i do?

All,

There is a girl I like at work.
    I asked her out a few weeks ago and she said yes, but a couple of days later she cancelled it and said she couldn't because it was unprofessional (She's a supervisor while i'm just a workshop mechanic).
    She's also older than me by four years i'm 22. She also said she would consider it at a later date, not sure if this was a knock off or not as she is leaving the company in a months time, and going back to her home state for three months before returning back at which point she would consider it (doing a different job at another company).

She has a driving test this week but i'm not sure whether to text her good luck or not as I don't want to be a creep/stalker.
    I'm really interested in this girl as she's smart, funny, cultured and has a glow about her. I think she just thinks I like her as some workshop bravado and that I would dump her after having sex with her, I wouldn't be to keen on this either as it would just be awkward at work. This is not the case as I really want to develop a relationship with her as I think we would suit each other in we both know what we want from life.

I would like one date with her to show her the real side of me and not the workshop bravado side. I'm also not the best looking guy (birth defect) ever which might also be putting her off.

She is leaving in a months time though.
    The question was more about whether I should text her good luck with her driving test or not. I honestly hope she passes as it will allow her to go onto a career path which she wants to do. She's on holiday so I can't see her in person.
    I do not want a sexual relationship with her while we are working for the same company.

You will just have to accept her rejection with grace, and polity leave her alone.

Sounds like she has alot of plans at the moment, and thought over and was thinking it was a better idea to wait on things, from all the information you have there about changing jobs and going away. I wouldn't take it personally. She just may have been being courteous because she already had plans for her life.

If I was in your position I would text her just a simple good luck. Not freakish/stalkerish or boring. Something like, "Hey (insert name). Just thought I'd wish you good luck for your drivers test today/tomorrow (whatever). -(your name)" You mentioned she might think you only want to have sex with her then break up? Well proove her wrong. Proove to her that to you she is special. But don't over do it too. If she speaks to you Keep conversations short and sweet. Sounds like shes a bit busy at the moment so dont push things. Dont repeatedly text her. Go with the flow. What have you got to loose? Just don't be a stalker or boring either. Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

If I was in your position I would text her just a simple good luck. Not freakish/stalkerish or boring. Something like, "Hey (insert name). Just thought I'd wish you good luck for your drivers test today/tomorrow (whatever). -(your name)" You mentioned she might think you only want to have sex with her then break up? Well proove her wrong. Proove to her that to you she is special. But don't over do it too. If she speaks to you Keep conversations short and sweet. Sounds like shes a bit busy at the moment so dont push things. Dont repeatedly text her. Go with the flow. What have you got to loose? Just don't be a stalker or boring either. Hope this helps.

Seems like good advice, thanks.
    How do you prove to someone their special if they won't give you a chance to as they think your only after one thing from them?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You will just have to accept her rejection with grace, and polity leave her alone.

lol

I knows girls can send rejection signal to guys in many different ways.
    I would say give her some time befor you text.

Quote Originally Posted by brightco2014 View Post
    Seems like good advice, thanks.
    How do you prove to someone their special if they won't give you a chance to as they think your only after one thing from them?
    Okay.. I would suggested just basically.. This is a hard topic to explain aha.. But it's really just how you act around her. Don't flirt much -well not in a sexy way. Say hello, maybe ask her if she wants a coffee if you are getting yourself one. To be honest, act caring, thoughtful and sweet. But not too overwhelming. Keep it low. Ahaha, I'm praying this helps! Sorry if it doesn't:/ I have been in your position before...