+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Haven't talked to her for a year, would msging her on facebook be weird?

Haven't talked to her for a year, would msging her on facebook be weird?

After two rejections for prom and an ask out, I have lost interest in all girls at my school. At that point, I recalled this one girl who I wanted to catch up with but never did. Now, I'm seriously considering doing just that!

I met this girl in instructors class last year March break. She was cute and all but it was a crash course so I only saw her for five days. Since then, I haven't seen or talked to her. (I have liked a couple of her photos on facebook but that's about it)

I have her as a friend on facebook and I was wondering if you guys think it'd be weird to message her now?

Just trying to get her number and get things going, eventually asking her to prom after touching base for a bit.

Thanks

Mandophon, the only thing I find weird is that you've been trying to date others and now have thought of this girl. It seems to me that you've pulled her out of the reserves.

You can approach if you like, but she may wonder why it's taken you so long.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Mandophon, the only thing I find weird is that you've been trying to date others and now have thought of this girl. It seems to me that you've pulled her out of the reserves.

You can approach if you like, but she may wonder why it's taken you so long.
    lol I know what you mean but it's only feburary and prom's in june, so it'd still be early. The two girls I've asked out are in my school and this girl goes to a different school. She's actually not a reserve, rather the first girl outside of school whom I'm trying to contact. I doubt she's actually thought of me though so I guess it's time to start now?

The more precise question would be if a guy you met a year ago messaged you out of the blue, how would you feel?

I'd be fine with having someone message me out of the blue. As long as he got to the point fairly quickly and didn't dilly dally around messaging me. In other words, if she's receptive to your message, then ask her for coffee.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I'd be fine with having someone message me out of the blue. As long as he got to the point fairly quickly and didn't dilly dally around messaging me. In other words, if she's receptive to your message, then ask her for coffee.
    My parents aren't letting me go out with anyone until prom (total lockdown, not even allowed to chill with my bros after school)! I guess in the context, if shes responsive, little small talk but pop the question the same day I send the first message or wait a couple days of further small talk?

I want to ask her over phone. Like I was going to message her on facebook, get her number the frist day, text her a bit then call her and ask. Given my current siutation, calling would be the only way for me to ask her in real time lol

What do you guys think?