+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lies after emotional affair to avoid confrontation?

makes it sound like u think he is keeping things frm me

- - - Updated - - -

and why put "honesty" like that?

Oh for christ sakes, Josie. You are obsessive paranoid.
    I don't know if he's made you this way or you have always been this way but do get therapy for your inability to get past this. You don't do either of you any favours at this point.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

ive just got bk frm hairdresser n checked his phone. hes deleted his recently used history completely. confronted him n he said he may have done it this morning as habit to keep phone tidy. he says he did not use the phone while i was out.

Quote Originally Posted by josie33 View Post
    ive just got bk frm hairdresser n checked his phone. hes deleted his recently used history completely. confronted him n he said he may have done it this morning as habit to keep phone tidy. he says he did not use the phone while i was out.
    Get some professional help Josie. This is getting ridiculous.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

so u dnt hink its plausible that hes covering up what hed been doing

but why would he delete the history of what hed been doing on his phone? he said he mustve deleted it before i went out as hadnt used it while i was gone at all. he said he clears the history of recently used stuff to keep battery strong. he said he didnt remember doing it that morning as he just dumps it all when he remembers - alhough i have looked at this before and never noticed hed deleted anything.

- - - Updated - - -

i can check his phone bill but am i wrong to think this is suspicious?!

Josie, I've been in your shoes before with my ex. She cheated on me and yes the trust was lost. However I never allowed that trust to be rebuilt, I would get super jealous over anything and everything. There came a point where she had enough and left me. Found out from her best friend that my jealousy was over nothing, in fact her best friend had confided in me that my ex was very regretful over what she had done and wanted to work past it. By my not allowing that it pushed her away for good. Hardest thing I have every come to realize.

So you can either continue to not let the trust come back in the relationship and monitor him constantly and attempt to control everything he does. Or you have to risk a little to get that trust back. The hardest thing a person can do is to relax the death grip over a significant other after they have cheated. The reason you are acting this way to prevent yourself from getting hurt again. It's a self defense mechanism

I think this thread should die out, as Josie isn't going to listen to anythin anyone has to say to her. I've only read this 1 thread, but that's all I need to read to know she's stubborn & set in how she's going to try to control her man. I'm even thinking she's beginning to like being the "controler". When he finally leaves her, then she won't have anyone to blame but herself.

Sure he screwed up, but it's done, she wants to be in the relationship so Deal With It Josie or get out of the relationship!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123