+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Workoholic BF and distance relationship

Workoholic BF and distance relationship

Hi ,

I need advice.. I have been friends with him for 6 years, and we are dating for 2 years. 4 years ago we both moved to another countries. He is in US, I am in Turkey. We had long distance relationship without seeing each other for 2 years though. It was hard, but we were in touch almost 24/7 via skype , msn , watsapp and etc.

Last two months he started working as hell. Typical workoholic! He hardly asks how was my day, what is new? Whenever I ask :"I am working, honey". If previously we used to cam at least once per week, now he is not even asking me to turn it on. I know he is not lying, and working much. But I miss him. I used to talk to him , share with him everything. And now what I only do is crying. Because is that possible for someone to be so busy for not having time for his family and gf?

Advice me something please, I am lost

Move on. Long distance relationships should only be short term....when you stretch it out, that is when things fall apart. You need to be physically together to be emotionally connected, without it, the relationship will expire. The only thing you can do to save this relationship is to relocate and be with him. If this is not possible, you should call it quits because nothing will improve...it's all down hill from there.

Long distance only works if you have a solid relationship and you have a pretty good idea when the long distance stuff will end (and soon, not in 5 years time). He's probably got bored stupid with never seeing you and I don't blame him. Lying in the arms of a lover is a gazillion miles better than some webcam bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Long distance only works if you have a solid relationship and you have a pretty good idea when the long distance stuff will end (and soon, not in 5 years time). He's probably got bored stupid with never seeing you and I don't blame him. Lying in the arms of a lover is a gazillion miles better than some webcam bullshit.
    He was the first who wanted to start this relationship on a distance. I did not make him
    You support him but what about me? I have same feelings, I also feel bad that not in his arms and etc

He can't do anything about it, and you won't do anything about it, so why stay in it? LDRs are painful and a big waste of time. Date locally.

Well I dated long distance for a year and we ended up living together. It was different though, my boyfriend had a job at the time and he would be home late at night. I would stay up for him so we got the chance to talk, and no matter how tired he was he always spoke to me. You should tell your boyfriend how you feel, long distance is about dedication and communication. It's really the only way you can make it through and if he is not willing to skype you once a week then you have to wonder if he is really trying?

Long distance can work, but only if the people in the relationship work for it together.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    He can't do anything about it, and you won't do anything about it, so why stay in it? LDRs are painful and a big waste of time. Date locally.
    You say you wont do. If I knew what can I do , I definitely would do that. I have no idea

Say him" I love you honey, I love you stop. Dont sell your soul. Stop working so hard ! " And send him this video

youtube.com/watch?v=Cn13UfHDm3I

Actually in this post you can find a lot of information why man shouldnt work so hard

loveforum.net/threads/78863-Are-you-living-YOUR-life?
    Last edited by pcmaster; 26-03-14 at 12:35 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Sometimes too busy with work is nt he really want to be so busy ..take a break for yourself and he.
    He will still love you. Is Just Short term. Relax.