+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I tell my ex I am to be a dad and getting married?

Dear O.P,

Hope you and baby Mama are doing well, getting ready for baby.

You know, in regards to your present Lady still being friend with her ex'; well, do either of them still house affections for her?, for if they do, imo, that's inappropriate all round. Just as it would be for you to continue repore with your ex if she still houses affection or holds hope for your return.
    You sound sure she does not, but how can you tell for sure? A woman's heart is, well, very deep.

Personally, and I think i'm not alone on this but of the ex' I do have, I am only friends with one and that is mostly because of his children whom I was a part of their lives for a time; but I did not see or speak to them often at all and now, even less.
    Usually, (though there are exceptions of course) but usually when a woman breaks from a man, she does not continue communications unless she holds a certain hope for their return.

I wonder how you might feel if the shoe was on the other foot so to speak and one of her ex' was still pining for her while you were pregnant?

just because she is still chums with her ex's is not a just reason to do the same, especially if they still want you.
    anyway, i'm sure you've thought of all this already.

again, congrats future Daddy. A great blessing it is and I wish you and yours a wonderful and happy life!

just take care of you and your Family. It'll all work out. Your ex ought be happy for you and if she's upset in any way, well, there's your answer my cyber space anonymous poster.

stay bright
    Last edited by woody; 09-04-14 at 08:38 AM.

[QUOTE=somehelp4me;976097]I'm hoping by telling she can at least respect I told her myself being we are still friendly. But it could backfire going to decide this Saturday if I do or don't.[/QUOTE
    You're "friendly" with her. You ARE NOT obligated to her. I'd not want my finance feeling that he owed an explanation to a past lover about him and I. In fact. If he felt he should tell her to spare her feelings I'd wonder if he was marrying the right girl.

You shouldn't care unless your new girlfriend is also your old girlfriend's friend now and you'll be inviting your ex to the wedding. That would be a good reason why you should feel obligated to tell her. geeeeesh!

Surely she realizes you've moved on... or does she?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12