+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: petz

principium -

I like your use of Latin - makes you look smart. Are you studying it in school or something?

currently stationed in a place that abides gravity...
    no. but I just love the language...
    and you?
    "Dum spiro, spero..."

Nah; I just remember a little from my formerly Catholic days. What does your little tag line mean? Something about hoping?

it says something like as I breathe, I hope (seemed to remind me what I need the most)
    why do you say "formerly" regarding your education?
    "Dum spiro, spero..."

ooooooh i get it. i can't exactly read latin but i'm pretty good with spanish. in spanish it's igual que respiro, espero. so i should've guessed.

anyway yes, i think people don't neuter or spay their animals and it just causes all kinds of problems. there's a lot of organizations that will even do it for a discount or for free and people still don't do it. here where i live we have a problem with people wanting to breed pit bulls. right now it costs about a grand to register a pit bull and people are always trying to breed them with bigger dogs like great danes.

but i think it's worse in some countries that have wild horses and stray dogs and cats all over the place and people treat them like shit.

oh yeah, i love animals and cannot even fathom why on earth people would abuse or neglect them. i have two cats and a dog. she's an irish wolfhound/st. bernard and she's the cutest dog in the world. and she's enormous. my cat halloween plays fetch better than the dog, and my other cat zeik is the fattest, whiniest cat in the world.
    Last edited by misombra; 29-05-05 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by principium
    it says something like as I breathe, I hope (seemed to remind me what I need the most)
    why do you say "formerly" regarding your education?
    I didn't; I said formerly Catholic. Catholics use Latin during mass, or at least, they used to, and I think some still do...

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I didn't; I said formerly Catholic. Catholics use Latin during mass, or at least, they used to, and I think some still do...
    I'm not too much into religion (not at all, if to be exact), but will it be safe to assume that you are so?
    "Dum spiro, spero..."

I know a lot about monotheistic religions; I study due to an academic interest in theology and God-myths, but fear not: I am agnostic and have no intentions of trying to convert anyone to anything.

well, thats nice to know. I'm also interested in this subject, but I preffer to keep the range of my studies diverse (computer science and literture and so on...).
    what is your "speciality"?
    "Dum spiro, spero..."

I have the most knowledge about Judaism and the more traditional forms of Christianity, and a fair amount about the basics of Islam. My preference is for the academic study of biblical literature and midrash (interpretive literature) coming out of Judaism.

Note to those who may feel a calling to try to convert me or otherwise "share the good news": I am a knowledgeable agnostic, so anyone reading this post should NOT feel encouraged to try to convert me! I will reciprocate this courtesy by not poking holes in your belief systems. This has been a public service announcement. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by principium
    well, thats nice to know. I'm also interested in this subject, but I preffer to keep the range of my studies diverse (computer science and literture and so on...).
    what is your "speciality"?
    By the way, I should clarify that by no means do I limit myself to religious studies. That would be too depressing for an agnostic.

I would tend to agree... I guess we drifted quite awhile ago from the main topic, havn't we?
    "Dum spiro, spero..."

Chalk it up to the natural progression of conversation...
    :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12