+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teach a lesson to my ex gf or run?

Quite frankly, I don't understand why you are still talking to her. It seems very obvious she does not appreciate you in the least. She just wants your money. You were already broken up in the first place. She really has some nerve asking you for money. She especially has some nerve to ask for money that was intended to pay rent on a place you had secured for you both as a couple. The minute she asked for that should have been the minute you told her to take a hike. I understand how hard that can be sometimes. You used to care about her, and thought she cared about you. Take it from me, you are much better off without somebody like that. If you weren't married to her, then you don't owe her a single thing now that you are broken up. Remove her from your life, and take some time to be happy with you. Eventually you will find a woman who will truly appreciate you, and you will see why you are so much better without her.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I said to be wary of single moms, as to not get caught up with one that is out to take advantage of your financial situation. It's a no brainer that dating someone that has kids to support has a different agenda. Not only do they want a relationship, but need someone to have a relationship with their children, and that includes being a parent, and supporting a family if you plan to live together. Can't date them like they are single without kids. Of course a single mom wants to find a man to help her financially and take care of her kids as the relationship gets serious. Wouldn't you? I know I would.
    Smackie, I'm a single mother and I've dated guys who were not as financially stable as I am. I think it's wrong to generalize that all single mothers are destitute and are in need of saving. I have a boyfriend of 5 years and he happens to be one of the old fashioned guy who thinks he has to pay for everything every time we go out or away. However, I totally refused to have him do that and pay my share of the expenses because I CAN AFFORD it as much as he can. And I don't need anyone to play house with either because I happen to have a beautiful home that I OWN and lucky enough to be able to afford all the expenses including sending my kids to private school. And yes, anyone I go out with must be able to establish a civil relationship with my kids, however, I don't expect them to replace their father because my kids happen to have a great Dad. That being said, I think I speak for majority of the single mothers. Just because there are a few bad ones do not make everybody rotten.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 16-04-14 at 09:10 AM.

Geez people, pay attention. Smackie didn't say "all single mothers _____", she just said BE WARY of them. It's good advice. It doesn't mean that they're all money-grubbing gold-diggers, it just means be aware, keep your eyes open.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Geez people, pay attention. Smackie didn't say "all single mothers _____", she just said BE WARY of them. It's good advice. It doesn't mean that they're all money-grubbing gold-diggers, it just means be aware, keep your eyes open.
    Finally someone who gets my point....THANK YOU!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    Smackie, I'm a single mother and I've dated guys who were not as financially stable as I am. I think it's wrong to generalize that all single mothers are destitute and are in need of saving. I have a boyfriend of 5 years and he happens to be one of the old fashioned guy who thinks he has to pay for everything every time we go out or away. However, I totally refused to have him do that and pay my share of the expenses because I CAN AFFORD it as much as he can. And I don't need anyone to play house with either because I happen to have a beautiful home that I OWN and lucky enough to be able to afford all the expenses including sending my kids to private school. And yes, anyone I go out with must be able to establish a civil relationship with my kids, however, I don't expect them to replace their father because my kids happen to have a great Dad. That being said, I think I speak for majority of the single mothers. Just because there are a few bad ones do not make everybody rotten.
    No it's very few who are fiercly independent...too many bad ones out there. So many that they passed a law here that if you are common-law with a single mom, when you split up she can collect child support even tho you are not the father....pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post

I think that In general, men need to be wary of women who are gold diggers and not single out single mothers. That's just ****ed up!!! And it goes vice versa, there are also men who are gold diggers! What's up with the double standard anyway???
    Last edited by chinagirl; 16-04-14 at 11:21 AM.

You must have done well in the divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You must have done well in the divorce.
    I'm sorry to say Smackie that not all women are bitches and gold diggers as you think they are. You must have a very bad experience with such women or else, why the bitterness? I happen to make more money than my ex husband. I also happen to be a hard working, we'll educated professional who holds a high position in an institution. That being said, I refused to be categorized as part of a group whose behavior is unacceptable.

I think that In general, men need to be wary of women who are gold diggers and not single out single mothers. That's just ****ed up!!! And it goes vice versa, there are also men who are gold diggers! What's up with the double standard anyway???
    Of course there are single women and men who are gold diggers... but like it or not, it's more likely for a single mother to be looking for a sugar daddy, or just a daddy to fill in for the child. Is it always the case? Of course not. But when dating a single mom, I'd definitely be a little more vigilant.

Maybe you meant women who are just flat out broke or too lazy to work whose looking for a sugar daddy?

Nope, not what I meant. It's awfully presumptuous of you to try to put words in my mouth.

HeartIsAching, have you or anyone you know had a bad experience with a single mother?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are plenty of women, including single moms, who are able to support themselves and their kids. Doctors, lawyers, executives... many single moms, yep.

Frankly, until she is in that situation, she has no business dating. Financial security for herself and her child should be her only priority. Perhaps going to school to get a better life for them if her present job isn't cutting it. The fact she is dating instead of doing these other things should tell you something about her.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    There are plenty of women, including single moms, who are able to support themselves and their kids. Doctors, lawyers, executives... many single moms, yep.

Frankly, until she is in that situation, she has no business dating. Financial security for herself and her child should be her only priority. Perhaps going to school to get a better life for them if her present job isn't cutting it. The fact she is dating instead of doing these other things should tell you something about her.
    Thank you Indi, perhaps one should say to be wary and more vigilant of a person's character instead of his/her status in life...but then again, this is a public forum, everybody's entitled to their opinion, whether it has validity or not.

And gmone, I agree with the majority, dump the girl and block her, you seem to be way too nice to be going out with someone who is manipulative and using you for your money.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 17-04-14 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

Wow... best comment ever... somehow I feel that deep down that is her main concern and possibly the reason why she uses men. Before she met me she used to receive training from her pastor to become an insurance sales agent but she quit that...not very stable

i feel like it's ok to be a money obsessed parasite as long as you're at least nice about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12