+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating advice

Dating advice

I met this man through an online dating site several months ago, we started dating in January but it quickly turned into casual sex only. I think the biggest mistake is that neither of us discussed what either of us wants in a relationship and I want to eventually be in an exclusive relationship with someone. I have not dated anyone else since I've started seeing this guy because I don't believe in having sex with someone and seeing someone else at the same time. Right now he has his daughter for the next month so I won't be seeing him for awhile, but I also want to start actively seeking a legitimate relationship. Is it wrong to reopen my dating site and looking for someone, how do I tell him that I want to start dating other men because I want a relationship? I feel like I don't want to wait for the next time I see him to have this talk, because I don't think he'd be able to meet up with me anytime soon.

Go out another dates...... You're not committed to this man so don't worry about it. After a month you can see where you guys stand and talk about it then. It's only 4 weeks

I don't see any reason why you cannot date anyone else. You're not exclusive. Best that you find someone else and make sure not to sleep with a guy unless you are in an exclusive relationship with him.

There are a lot of decent guys out there who are truly looking for a relationship and not just sex.

Now I know you think you can do anything you want because he didn't make it "official" BUT he is someone you are sleeping with on a regular basis and you are hanging out with him, so IMO you are in a type of relationship, and I feel if he was planning on dating other people you would want to be notified of his decision am I right?

Just tell him it's over.

- - - Updated - - -

A phone call is suffice if you two are "not official".

^ Exactly what I was thinking.

Just tell him directly how you feel: "This was really nice, but I don't think this is right for me. I'm sorry, and I hope you find what you're looking for. But I want something committed and exclusive."

If you want a true relationship then by all means reopen your account and look for one. Since you are basically fwb with this guy you shouldn't feel bad at all. You want something different and you have every right to be happy.

Is he seeing other women? If not maybe you should talk to him. Maybe is he ready for a true relationship as well. Honestly I have no experience with FWB or casual sex partners but with the way my mind works if you are the only person he is having sex with, he may want a relationship but maybe to nervous or scared to seek it.