+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The end of the honey moon?

The end of the honey moon?

Just recently my boyfriend and I have gotten back together except this time it seems different. He is not as affectionate as he used to be. He says that the honey moon period is over and that we should be more comfortable now. I on the other hand am a very affectionate person I love to hug,kiss, exchange notes that sort of thing.He tells me I should just relax and enjoy it but I honestly feel as though it is another way to sweep the issues under the rug and pretend they don't exist. Should I just accept that our relationship is no longer "new"?

No, you should accept that your relationship is with the wrong man and stop hoovering one another back. He's not giving you what you want and vice versa. If you were compatible enough for this to last a lifetime then you two wouldn't have broken up in the first place.

Learn to live without what you want or leave him. He's not willing to accommodate your need for affection as he's told you outright. Believe him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ignore the above post.. that is ridiculous advice given such a short description.. there are answers i need to know before anybody can say why he is less affectionate..

For instance had you cheated on him which caused the split then maybe he is happy to see you but treading carefully incase he gets burnt.. or visa versa he found someone else.. the point is i/ we need to know why you split up why youre back together etc etc.

To just say oh its all wrong like it or lump it honey is plain ridiculous.

please provide a little more info.

Quote Originally Posted by supertwonk View Post
    Ignore the above post.. that is ridiculous advice given such a short description..
    Spoken by a man posing as a woman who repeatedly returned back to a mentally ill whore-like waif who was cheating with you on her common law husband of 20 years, with two different men to boot.. Are you sure you have any advice worth telling someone when you couldn't even look after your own self and are still in denial that you have your own issues that need tending?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

YES INDEED... LOOK INTO THE HISTORY OF PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE COUNSELLING PROFFESsION... far better to take advice on drugs from a reformed addict or user than it is from somebody who just quotes tripe from books they may have glanced at.. i have read the advice 90% of you guys that are regular on here give and if i said it was appalling id be understating how bad it is for the best part.

- - - Updated - - -

so with all that said and out in the open! i will wager my advise is 1000000000000000000000 times more valid than your instant dismissal of a situation you know two sentences about... do everyone a favour and stop trying to help them because you are not and come across as very bitter and twisted.. if you persist i will report you to the site

THE WILLINGNESS TO DISGUISE HELPING OTHERS BY TALKING SHITE IS THE SOURCE FROM WHICH ARROGANCE SPRINGS
    Last edited by supertwonk; 21-07-14 at 03:05 AM.

You have some issues that seeing a councelor would help you to understand and overcome.

Do yourself a favour and look into some kind of therapy for yourself.

seriously!!! omg you are one stubborn imbercile.. i have comlpeteley torn shreds off of you for your incompetence and arrogance and yet you persist that i am without a brain and that some fool i do not know or wish to know can help me know myself... i am me i know me jeeesus anybody seeing a counsellor to find out about themselves is totally beyond me.. since id wager that most counsellors are total ****ed up white knight co-dependants trying so save everyone lol its a joke really