+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So disappointed in myself i got lured back in.

So disappointed in myself i got lured back in.

ok so i was seeing someone last year and i really liked them. He ended things with me and i got really hurt. I have spent the last 6 months trying to get over him and it has been really hard as i am so heartbroken.
    I had started getting better and even felt more confident and have started to like myself ( i have always had issues with this and have been having help with building my self esteem etc). I have to work with this person which is very difficult. When i came into work on Monday i actually felt really good and seeing him about didn't affect with so bad. I had started to realise it was his loss and i deserved better. Usually seeing him about work is difficult for me.
    Well all of a sudden he started sniffing around me , i tried to stay strong so much and keep away however yesterday i ended up caving in and saw and well one thing led to another and you can guess what happened!!
    Now i know it takes two & i am responsible for my own actions but i am so dissapointed in myself. I felt like i had started getting my power back & just gave it away again. I worked so hard to feel better & now any small amount of self esteem has gone again. Its almost like he knew - like he could tell i was feeling good & just swooped back in. I am now seeing this guy is a jerk and i don't want this but my heart is still involved in the emotions and it hurts. I wanna get over him as he really hurt me so much.

can I get back to the place i was when i started to feel better - it took so long. How do i get my power back

Its not a bad thing that "one thing lead to another" You know what you were doing... and it happens so DO NOT BEAT yourself up. You have all the control to get yourself back on track. You did it once and you can do it again.

And if you can... find another job.
    I LOVE ... US