+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Scared my girlfriend has changed forever :( help?

Scared my girlfriend has changed forever :( help?

Me and my girlfriend have been through such a rocky relationship, my insecurities and ocd took such a huge toll on her over the years. But i have changed SO SO SO much to make this relationship work and i know she can see that i've made changes and i know she appreciates it. But the thing is, my girlfriend isn't loving or affectionate to me anymore. She's pretty much cold to me every single day. She tells me it's because she's stressed with her life and i can believe that because she has a lot going on for her including anxiety issues and school/work stress but i'm worried...is it because of me too? Is she also tired of me? Because why does she act this way to me? She's been like this for so long i feel as if she's never going to be how she was. She used to be all happy and cuddly and loving and i would feel as if i was her everything. Now it feels like i'm nothing to her, it actually feels like i don't have a girlfriend, she treats me as if she doesn't even want me to be here, she acts like everything i do is wrong and everything i do pisses her off. It worries me that she's tired of me? But the thing is, she's stuck by me for so long and been through hell for me and i do believe she obviously cares and loves me or she could so easily just ditch me if she didn't want this in her life and was tired, do you think she could be how she was before and did anyone else deal with this? I deal with depression, stress, numbness, anxiety = EVERYDAY and i would never treat her like this...i don't understand why she's like this towards me ;( It hurts me so much i feel like breaking down and crying. Is there a reason she aims this at me? Could it be that it's not just her life she's tired of but also me? Everytime i try and talk to her about it she gets angry and tells me "I'm done, if you don't like how i am then just don't talk to me ever again" She's literally that tired of everything....It worries me that i mean so little to her that she wouldn't care if i just stopped talking to her so easily. Even when she's having a little better day, she's still never exactly how she was before where she'd show me love, i mean it's not wrong to want to feel loved in a relationship is it? I know infatuation dies down but not to a point she treats me like i'm nothing right?
    Last edited by helpmeplease:(; 08-08-14 at 06:11 AM.

You said it yourself, she has a lot going on in her life and since I can't here both sides of the story I won't say that she's in a bad place. Have you ever done or said anything that could make her feel like this? It sounds to me like she may be feeling insecure, even hurt or scared. It's obvious that she loves and cares about you, so try taking a different approach. Don't call her out on her faults, that won't help and may make everything worse. Don't give her more reasons to feel insecure or angry by calling her out as the problem.

The two of you should sit down and talk about this with each other.

I do think she's hurt and scared and I know 100% she's insecure and I know I'm the reason for all of this. That's why I changed so much of how I used to be. I do really want to make her feel special and cared for and I want her to be happy but I realise I left a lot of damage behind and she's going to take time to deal with it so I'll definitely try not to bring up the way she's acting and make it seem like it's her fault, it makes her angry and more insecure I think I guess when I do bring this up that she feels as if it's how it used to be again when I hurt her and make her feel this low, maybe she's still scared to open up. I don't blame her and I'll wait forever for her. I would love to talk to her but like I said, every time I bring anything up to do with how she's feeling or acting (Even if I try to sound supportive and not blame her, she shuts down and gets angry and cold with me and yet again feels as if I'm complaining) I can't bring anything up or it will ruin everything. Should I just let time do the healing and try to make her feel special again?