+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Girlfriend has changed

My Girlfriend has changed

The other week me and my girlfriend were having a conversation about a film. Then all of a sudden she starts acting upset and being really cold with me. I told her what's wrong she said it doesn't matter. Fast forward abit she starts saying I'm no good for you and that I'm too good for her. She then says her fam always talk about me and it's always positive and she feels that I might be too good for her and she might not be the person I want. She then goes on to say we hardly go out. But before I said to her we need to spend more time together going out places. I told her whenever your free me and you go out and do stuff. But she never let's me no when she's free and she mostly spends time going clubs with her sisters and visiting her friends. I know she has to spend time doing her university work and I'm not stopping her from hanging out with friends and fam but I feel we don't spend enough time together. whenever I see her we just hanging out at my places for 3-4 hours then she goes home

I maybe see her once every two weeks now. Everything else is all good we love each other but it's just this that's really starting to annoy me. Im just wondering how to make this better. Any advice? Thanks

Maybe try and talk to her next time you see her, and remind her that you are feeling distant from her lately. Yeah sometimes we women get emotional and everything, maybe she's feeling a little insecure and here's where you can help her by telling her you appreciate all the little things she does for you. Just when she comes around again cuddle up to her and give her no excuse to become upset with you, then bring up this issue. Maybe also invite her out when you are doing something very interesting because it's not always the best just hanging out at home ALL THE TIME, you need a variety of activities to do and while you're taking time to do these you will realise that your relationship will start to strengthen again and become more functional. Hope this helps.

Sapphire x

Quote Originally Posted by M2020 View Post
    Then all of a sudden she starts acting upset and being really cold with me. I told her what's wrong she said it doesn't matter. Fast forward abit she starts saying I'm no good for you and that I'm too good for her.
    Sounds like she feels guilty about cheating on you.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

When this stuff starts to come out of nowhere, things like "You are so great and I don't deserve you," or "you deserve someone better than me", then I would tend to lean towards her feeling guilty about something, and trying to shift the blame off of herself in order to save face. Not saying 100% she cheated on you, or is guilty... but it is highly likely she is trying to find a way out without incriminating herself.

the only person in life we control is ourselves. if she changes, it's her own prerogative.