+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my crush interested in me?

Is my crush interested in me?

There is the girl I like and I over heard her talking to a friend and tell her friend that she is shy. After hearing that, I feel she might have interest in me but her actions and body language are really difficult to judge. I hope you can help me.

This girl looks at me a lot. Though I have no idea what she is thinking when looking at me. But given my history with girls i've liked (all of them rejecting me and losing the friendship) she might be thinking 'why is that creep looking at me'. But all I know is when I catch her, she looks away.

Her torso faces me (I've noticed this a lot lately).

When I was laughing at something happening, I looked at this girl still with a smile on my face. I saw her look down and smile (I could see her smile, this happened a while ago).

She hovers around me (not much, cause I don't always notice)

When I pass things to her, she seems to purposely touch my hand. She stands close to me, sometimes really close.

She doesn't seem outgoing around me but seems more outgoing around other guys. She dusts the clothes of this guy I think she likes, said she would sit on anthers guys lap to keep a seat free for a friend and talks to guys asking questions, starting conversations with them, giving proper eye contact. But when talking to me, she doesn't give full eye contact, ask me questions or start conversations with me. I'm usually the one who tries to start conversations asking questions and talking to her, but she hardly continues the conversation.

One time I was talking to another girl (who I liked a long time ago). As I was talking to her, this girl who I like walked behind the girl I was talking to touching her neck as she was walking past (possibly tried to get my attention or stop the conversation).

I'm usually a shy guy, so one day I wanted to tell this girl something. So, instead of touching her shoulder to get her attention I put my hand on her lower back/waist. She looked over her shoulder, saw it was me, looked down and smiled. This was the first time I tried such a thing, but only did it to show her I'm interested in her and to see her reaction to it. To me it seems its a positive reaction. But after talking to the guy who I feel this girl likes, he told me it was wrong for me to do it. He didn't know about her reaction at all.

Her sister told the guy who I think this girl likes that this girl doesn't like him. Her sister also talks to me and has comfortable conversations with me and hardly talks to the other guy.

So what do you think. Does she seem interested in me?

She might just be a flirty girl and likes attention of men, hard to tell if she specifically likes you, and not the attention you give her. Try asking her out and see if she accepts, she wouldn't accept if she had no interest in you.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    She might just be a flirty girl and likes attention of men, hard to tell if she specifically likes you, and not the attention you give her. Try asking her out and see if she accepts, she wouldn't accept if she had no interest in you.
    If she is a flirty girl and likes attention from guys... WHY DOESNT SHE DO THE SAME TO ME? Flirtygirls will flirt with anyone and everyone weather they like them or not. She flirts with EVERYONE BUT ME. It's got to mean something if she said she is a shy girl.

Maybe with you she is playing the game of " hard to get?" Which could mean she wants you to be the aggressor, I do not know, could you give us more details about your friendship with her?

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    Maybe with you she is playing the game of " hard to get?" Which could mean she wants you to be the aggressor, I do not know, could you give us more details about your friendship with her?
    There is not really anything more for me to add. I created another thread on Love Advice Forum, both to try and get more opinions and cause I didn't exactly know which topic it actually goes under. But the following quote is from the other thread I created…

There is this girl who I over heard tell a friend that she is shy. But I'm unsure if she is showing me signs of interest.

She stands close to me (sometimes really close), when I smile and look at her she looks down and smiles (happened once, the other time she just smiled back), she touches my hand when I pass things to her, her chest/torso faces me, her feet face me (sometimes notice it), she looks at me a little (usually from a distance. When I catch her she looks away), and she hovers around me. She hardly ever speaks to me, though her sister talks to me a lot and has conversations with me.
    One time I tried to get her attention to tell her something. Instead of putting my hand on her shoulder, I put my hand on her waist/lower back. She looked back to see who it was, looked down and smiled.

She seems more outgoing around other guys other than me. She hugs other guys, talks to them, gives them full eye contact when talking to them. She seems to show more attention to others than me. I'm usually the one who starts/asks questions to start a conversation and she doesn't give proper eye contact to me, looking from the side of her eye.

There is this guy who I think she likes because she is extremely outgoing around him. She talks to him a lot, drives him home and gets annoyed by him and doesn't worry about it. He used to touch her hair and she used to tell him to stop and fixes her hair. He also takes her phone and spams her photos taking photos, it has become so troublesome for her that she gives him her phone to play with and for him to shut up while she drops him home. Her sister also told this guy that this girl doesn't like him.

So, what do you think. Its confusing me a lot. I mean she seems extremely outgoing around that one guy but outgoing around all guys and said she is shy to a friend and I overheard (she said it loud enough that I could hear) but acts all different to me. Why do you think she does this? Do you think she is interested in me?
    I think the signs are the same to both threads other than a few I added to this thread, but that is all.

But her being shy, I don't see her being a flirty type (yes to people who she is friends with), but she is shy meaning the flintiness is only directed to people she is more comfortable around and who she is friends with. The thing is, I used to be shy (trying to open up a little more now), towards the girls I liked, I never asked questions/talked to them until they asked questions to me but I didn't continue the conversation, and I only looked at the girls I like. BEING SHY, its making me think that this girl likes me as SHE IS ALSO SHY and SHOWING THE SAME TYPE OF SIGNS. I remember one of the girls I seemed really close to and people called my girlfriend, she wasn't, she was just a friend. Why? I wasn't shy towards her.

Does she show more to other men over you because they are more likely to approach her than you are, or be flirty towards her, so she is giving back what they are giving her?

Could you ask possibly a common friend between you both what she thinks of you, does she like you? So you better know if your approaches will be accepted. If still shy to ask out in person, you could text her to hang out with you if you have her phone number. It is the worse to sit and wonder if someone likes you the way you like them without doing all you can to know for sure.