+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do men give so many mixed signals?

Why do men give so many mixed signals?

Met this guy a few weeks ago. We met up and things were great, so he met my kids. After the first night he was around them, everything was still great. However, he sent me a message saying "don't fall in love with me or let me fall in love with you." Odd, but cool with me, I don't want a fast track relationship. So here is where the mixed signals come into play. When he is around me, he is always wrapping his arms around me and sniffing and kissing my hair and then he will just stare into my eyes like he is trying to figure out how I am feeling. There has been no official we are or not together conversation, but he will say things like "you are mine" and "if we ever break up, would you still kiss me even if you are with someone else?" and "if you keep kissing me like that, I'm marrying you in three years"(I am taking college courses and get extra grants and loans for being a single mom, and I have three years left). He is great with my kids and is always saying that he really likes being around them. Then it gets more confusing, when we are talking, he talks about still being on a dating website and how many messages he is getting and that he is amazed at how many women are single moms and depressed about life and he likes to talk to them and try to cheer them up (I don't think that I believe that). So why, if he is taking time to spend with the kids and is calling me his and all of this other stuff and yet is still active on a dating site? Why bare your soul to someone if you are talking to others?

Sounds like he just wants the benefits of having a relationship but not the responsibility of one. He basically wants you ,to an extent, but also wants his freedom to see other people as well.

Not all men are like that..if you want something more than what he's giving you, I'd end things with that guy and find someone who wants all the same things you do.

I can't tell if he means what he is saying and is genuinely grappling with emotions, or if he's just emotionally manipulative. I suspect the latter because on the one hand he's telling you what he thinks you want to hear with the lovey dovey stuff, yet on the other hand he's trying to make you jealous with other women. Either way he sounds annoying, I'd move on before he starts driving you mad over a longer period of time.

This guy sounds strange or maybe even dangerous. At the very least, he's a player and I'm sure several other women are currently getting the same song and dance from him that you are.

flirting with your emotions,,,,,,ditcch the prick