+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girl oversharing information on first date

5 hours is an impressive amount of time to shop and talk and share time and to want more time spent together in the evening over dinner. All the best for you both, this relationship is very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    5 hours is an impressive amount of time to shop and talk and share time and to want more time spent together in the evening over dinner. All the best for you both, this relationship is very promising.
    Thanks! I figured the shopping was a good chance to test our tastes, but also about her nesting.

To be clear, the 5 hours included dinner. It was about an hour furniture shopping, then talking over coffee, then window shopping, then dinner.

Well, this seems to have plateaued/fizzled out or at least be put on hold

First "date"/meeting was for coffee where we talked for 2 hours.

Second date/actual first "date" was dinner at a restaurant then going to see a sound and light show then going for drinks. She suggested it be a Friday night (a week after first meeting) since we didn't have anything to do the following morning. We spent about 6 hours together that night, ended with a hug because she gave a big sob story about her ex-fiancee that ended with her saying she wanted "a few months" to find herself and focus on herself. (Friendzone? Wanting to avoid a rebound?) But when we ended with a hug, I walked away, and she said "you're funny," I asked why, and she said because most guys would have "tried something" or "expected something" after the date, so the fact that I just hugged her caught her attention. She texted me that night, thanking me for an awesome night and for being a "gentleman" because she wasn't used to it.

Third date was 4 days later: furniture shopping (for my place), we had the same tastes. Visited a few stores and came back to the first one to buy it. Then did some walking around a mall and got supper. Spent about 5 hours together this time.

... And that's been it. She went away for the weekend and came back sick because of some food she had eaten. On Monday she said she might be up for getting together on Thursday evening, didn't say anything Tuesday or Wednesday, so Wednesday night I sent a reminder/friendly "hey, if you're still up for something tomorrow night, let me know." Then I got nothing until Friday night (last night), of her apologizing, saying she's still sick and had been busy all week (with school and work starting up in a few weeks). I told her I was still free if she wanted to do something this weekend, to which she said she's quarantining herself to make sure she gets better and doesn't make anyone sick. She apologized for not being more "available" but said she's been busy getting ready for school and work.

So... yeah. Not sure where it's going, if it's her legitimate 'sickness' and wanting to recover or her way of saying she's no longer interested.

I'd just leave it up to her now to contact you, you tried several times since your last encounter and since she said she was ill. Do you think she was disappointed in reality you didn't try anything? even though she claimed thanks for not? I ask because "you are funny", makes me think she thought what is up with him, he didn't try anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    I'd just leave it up to her now to contact you, you tried several times since your last encounter and since she said she was ill. Do you think she was disappointed in reality you didn't try anything? even though she claimed thanks for not? I ask because "you are funny", makes me think she thought what is up with him, he didn't try anything.
    I don't know whether she was disappointed. She had just spilled the beans about her ex-boyfriend drama and how she was going to wait a bit and reconnect with herself before jumping into another relationship. To me, that meant NO kissing or intimacy...

- - - Updated - - -

Figure I'd follow up: she's still around, we still text regularly, but she's really flaky with setting up plans to do anything. After the Thursday where she didn't respond/we didn't plan anything, I figured I'd take one more chance and ask her if she wanted to do something. (And I left it as "something" so it was open, whether that meant seeing a movie or going for coffee or something else.) It was around 10am that I asked her.

I heard nothing until about 8pm, when she asked "was that for today or tomorrow?"

I said "Today..."

She knows I work early mornings, so she basically waited until the last minute to "clarify" something then told me it was too late and she was busy the next day, but that if she had known sooner (she had 10 hours!?) she could have done something.

She is the one who suggested tomorrow (Thursday) as an option to get together, so we'll see if anything happens. If not, then I'm done trying.

She feels relieved about telling you those things. She probably is just an open person.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    She feels relieved about telling you those things. She probably is just an open person.
    And the flakiness?

Her ex-fiancée must have scarred her from what has happened in the relationship. There is a part where she has not let you in yet probably, meaning that the one part to make her face the truth and tell someone about it and unsure how to deal with it. This is an assumption as well but leave it at where your at for now, do not pay too much attention. If you do end up wanting to ask her to come out just say lets go do this now, put her on the spot and then you can judge her reaction from that.

The part where she stated "your funny", in my opinion it is a good thing for you. It shows your not a typical guy that just wants sex or something from spending so much time, it shows respect towards her which girls find rare. Take that as a compliment to your personality and next time test it out with a different person, try something and then next time you will understand more about yourself in clarification when a girl makes that statement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12