+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm not sure if it was a joke or not.

I'm not sure if it was a joke or not.

I'm 18 and in college and never had any relationship with another person, nor have I thought about it. I'm kind of a loner and really don't talk much.

So earlier this year, Tim, a male friend of mine signed "I heart you" to me when we were the first to arrive to our class. I didn't really want to believe it. I didn't want to look like I like him too only to find out that he was just joking, so I shook my head no even though I don't know what I was disagreeing to. We don't really talk much, so I don't think anything changed from when he confessed and when he didn't. He always offers me hugs when I needed them, and I usually hugged him whenever I have nothing to do. So I guess, I kind of sent some wrong signals or something.

So my problem is that, last Saturday, I failed to complete an exam. I needed to cool my head off so i went to the restroom. When I came back Tim was there outside of our classroom, we made small talk until I had the urge to hug him. I tried to hug him from behind, but he turned around and guided my head with his right hand onto his shoulder. I cried then. He kept saying that it was ok, patting my head and rubbing my back. At some point he kissed my head. I know he was just comforting me, but is it normal? We went back in and he decided to play a horror game which he said that he'd be playing it for me, since he knew that I like horror games.

So my question is do guys usually kiss a girl's head when she cries? Or was he serious when he said that he liked me?
    Also, how far does a male friend go to make a female friend happy?

I'm sorry if this post sound confusing, I'm still confused myself and don't know how to fully express myself.

No the guy likes you.

Ask him out

Well you are friendly and can talk about serious things so thats a good base to build relationship on. If you like him then say so and see how he reacts.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Well you are friendly and can talk about serious things so thats a good base to build relationship on. If you like him then say so and see how he reacts.
    I agree with pcmaster. This guy is the only person who can tell you if he really likes you. And remember they say actions speak louder than words.