+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i let go or wait around? (Long Distance)

Should i let go or wait around? (Long Distance)

So about a year ago I met this guy online and we started talking. I was just getting out of a bad relationship so I didn't expect anything to come from it, just someone to talk to to keep my mind off my ex. But after talking every single day, all day long for months, opening up, sharing every detail of our lives and deepest darkest secrets we started falling for eachother. Even though we were living in two different states it didn't matter because we knew we would some day be together. As the days,weeks, months went by,we grew even closer and our feelings became even stronger. We always talked about the future and finally being with eachother and how much we loved eachother. It was the highlight of my year.

But 8months into it things just started taking a turn. The distance was killing us. Anyway we couldn't stop fighting so we decided we'll be friends rather than be in a long distance relationship just to see if that would help with the fighting but it didnt because we eventually went back to our loving ways and talking about future plans with eachother. We loved each other and we couldn't hide it. But that all lasted up until four weeks ago. I felt a change in him. He was so distant and always seemed uninterested. When I would bring it up the fights would get so nasty.

Our last fight ended with us saying we're done and we no longer will speak to eachother. We've done that so many times that I figured we would end up talking again once we cooled off but dayss past and he wouldn't reach out. I missed and cried for him every day so one day I went to check his posts and look at his pics, but I ended up seeing something I would never had expected.All i saw were pics of him and another girl all over each other, and flirty comments below.

When I wrote him to see what was up, he straight out told me he had a girlfriend no,w!!! I literally felt like someone ripped my heart out. How could he have a girlfriend so fast when just last week he was telling me he loved me! How long has that relationship been going on? While we were still "together?" All he said when I tried to talk was "have a good life." He won't talk to me or even give me any type of explanation or closure. It may not be my business but out of respect I do think I deserve something. (There's so much more but to get to my questions....)

Was the whole year of us getting to know eachother and planning our lives for nothing? Will I ever get him back? I know I was pushing him away but is he really done with me all together? I don't get how just because he met someone else that all the feelings he said he had could disappear sooo quickly. He never said they did but how could he just leave like I never meant anything. All this time of him accusing me of trying to move on so I could "get with other guys" but he was the one that actually did. He just tossed me to the side. I thought we could've worked it out or at least stay friends. He was the one who said he wants me in his life even if one of us got into another relationship.

It hurts sooo bad. Idk what to do. I miss him so much. For the last year, he's been my everything.I don't know if ill find anyone as good as him. Should I move on or just let him have this time and be waiting til he's ready. I just don't want him to forget me. There's no way I could compete with a girl he can actually touch and kiss.

You just answered the question yourself, you cannot compete with someone he can touch and kiss. The idea of "being together" was never going to work because your both in different states, could you both really just drop everything in your life and move in together in another state? He became distant because he saw it going no where plus your behind a computer screen and a mobile, there is no interaction between the both of you. If there is no meet up and actual meet up, the connection between two people does not work.

Move on, there is no point waiting, the situation is already very clear. You opened up to him and now he knows everything about your past and people still do judge on that. But distance is the main factor here, let go enjoy life and do the things that make you yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

You just answered the question yourself, you cannot compete with someone he can touch and kiss. The idea of "being together" was never going to work because your both in different states, could you both really just drop everything in your life and move in together in another state? He became distant because he saw it going no where plus your behind a computer screen and a mobile, there is no interaction between the both of you. If there is no meet up and actual meet up, the connection between two people does not work.

Move on, there is no point waiting, the situation is already very clear. You opened up to him and now he knows everything about your past and people still do judge on that. But distance is the main factor here, let go enjoy life and do the things that make you yourself.
    What you want sometimes may be your brain only seeking the comfort and satisfaction. But what you really want to do with your gut feeling, instinct and heart is reality.