+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Broken Heart for 20+ years - Anyone?

Broken Heart for 20+ years - Anyone?

Has anyone had a broken heart for this long? We were best friends and soul mates but just met at the wrong time (college and our young independent ways caught up with us). No other girl I dated after her was even close as far as a connection (even my wife). Eventually we both met other people and got married. I still think about her almost every day. I saw she was on FB (yes a little stalking) but never connected with her until she sent me a FB request. We exchanged a few friendly messages. I wonder if she is thinking she married the wrong guy. She has no pictures of him on her FB page. Maybe I am living in a fantasy land.

That's life mate. These things happen. Your married now. Move on. Simple. No point in being stuck in the past. Focus on your family

How silly to keep a torch burning for someone who is NEVER going to be the same person you were with way back in the day.

Do the work you need to do to flush this turdy thinking down the toilet. Stop the facebook connection as well or with your current inability to get past your "limerence" (google that and read the wiki link and educate yourself about your soon to be recognized symptom as a mental illness.) you're going to THINK you're in love and you're going to drive a horrible emotional wedge between the connection you and your wife have been sharing.

Stop being silly.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion