+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I know it takes time to heal a broken heart but its been 2 years!! =(

I know it takes time to heal a broken heart but its been 2 years!! =(

My significant other and I have been together for 6 years. He left me 2 years ago for a co-worker, and I can't seem to get over that. We were broke up for approx. 8 weeks, until he decided that he wanted to get back together. I know a broken heart takes time to heal, but its just not working. I feel as if it happened yesterday. What really bothers me most about the situation is that he stayed with me for atleast 2 years before he left me. How can you stay in a relationship with someone and pretend like everythings ok.. and that you love them and not? It really hurts. All of the I love yous were lies. Our hugs and kisses meant nothing to him. He was probably thinking of her while he was with me. She was his number one friend on MySpace and his profile song was "Lips of an Angel". =( Still to this day, I think thats exactly how he felt. I feel as if he does love me now, but I also then felt like he did. Not only did he leave me for her, they were talking for months before he left me. He would lie to me so he could see her and he was texing and im'ing her. He asked me to marry him on valentines day and we are planning our wedding for 11/11/11. I just need to get over this and I'm not sure exactly how. I do love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him. I know he probably doesn't deserve for me to hold what he did against him because hes human, and humans make mistakes but how do I let it go? The one person I want to be with and spend the rest of my life with has hurt me more than anyone has ever. =(

In those 2 yrs, did you stay in contact with him? If so, then it hasn't been 2 yrs. How can we see the road ahead if we always look at the rear view mirror?

We were together for 4 years, he left me for approx. 8 weeks, and then we got back together. Its been 2 years since the break up. We've been together for 6 years (minus the break up). I would like to forget about the past and look ahead. I'm having a hard time with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by hannaharianna View Post
    We were together for 4 years, he left me for approx. 8 weeks, and then we got back together. Its been 2 years since the break up. We've been together for 6 years (minus the break up). I would like to forget about the past and look ahead. I'm having a hard time with it though.
    Sounds like you miss my point. If you remain in contact with him, how can you move on? The process doesn't start until you stop all contacts.