+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she like me or she trying to be nice?

Does she like me or she trying to be nice?

Since 8th grade, there was this girl that I knew that I harassed the shit out of because I was an asshole, I continued this behavior through some of freshman year but halfway though the year stop doing. Towards the end of sophomore year I came to have a crush on the girl in question, and one day after class I told her so and said that I did not want her to tell me of her opinion of me because I would prefer to figure it out on my own.

She seemed to be happy with the news. She said she knew that I liked her since 8th grade and congratulated me on having the courage to tell her. I asked her how she knew that I liked her and she said that it was a girl thing. I told her that I actually did not like her in 8th grade and only came to like her afterwards.

A few weeks later after we had been having small locker conversations, she one day randomly burst into anger, saying that she was annoyed with the fact that I would expect her to like me after the way I had bothered her in 8th grade. I told her that we were not in 8th grade anymore and that I no longer had interest in bothering her. Looking back on that particular statement, I regret saying it, as it probably made me look like one of those players that use the cliche "not all guys are like that." I told her that I apologize for the way I had treated her, and she said that she accepted my apology but doubted that it would change anything.

Sadly, after that encounter, we stopped talking to each other. In the past, no matter if it was before or after I had stopped bothering her, we used to talk, but after that incident we just stopped all communication between. The one thing I do remember is that after we had stopped all communication, when I would see her in the hallway and make I contact with her, she would always do that thing where if she saw me looking at her and she was looking at me, she would quickly look away from me and hope I didn't see her looking at me. (I can't understand why girls do that, especially if they do not have an interest in you.)

Obviously this year I am a junior, and her and I have math together. In 8th grade when I would annoy her we were in the same French class. Although I behaved like an ass in her class, the teacher for whatever reason still liked me. This year the teacher moved from the middle school where I had her to the high school in the same district and I went down to talk to her one day and her and I planned a joke on one of the classes, the one which this girl was in. I knew she was in it, but I didn't care. If she didn't like me, I didn't care one way or another. The joke was that I was to sign my name on the board and leave (an inside joke that only that class would understand because everyone that was in it was in French 1 with me and those in that French 4 class were the ones that still wanted to take French).

It was this past Friday that her and I finally spoke again. We are both in marching band, and I was hanging out with some friends when she came up behind me trying to get my attention. Obviously I was more than willing to give it to her (even though she rejected me, I still like her). She asked me about why I had come down to her class today and pulled the joke. I explained to her and she seemed to think it was funny. As her and I were having this conversation, one of my friends was trying to get my attention. Eventually I turned around and gave it to him and told him to give me a second and he would not leave me alone. I told him to be quiet for a second and returned my attention to her and casually stated that he can't leave me alone for 30 seconds.

I wanted to hold her attention as long as I could, but I failed. After I had made that statement (for we were standing in our ranks at this point and I was looking back and to the right at her when talking). She didn't respond to that statement at all even though she was looking at me when I made it so I know she knew it was directed at her.

This leaves me one question: has she changed her mind about me? Over the course of a few weeks before school started during marching band practice and now that we have math together, she has seen how I act differently than I did before. Have I unintentionally convinced her that perhaps I have changed? If she feels that I am different and does possess interest in me now, I want to pursue it, but I do not want to pursue it to find out that it was a misinterpretation and that in the end all I do is get her to think that I am that guy who can't leave a girl alone.

bump .