+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i date him, i really do not know if i have feelings for him or not?

should i date him, i really do not know if i have feelings for him or not?

So I am friends with this guy who actually is a friend of one of my ex's (he introduced us because he wanted his friend to have more friends that are girls. there is no bad blood between my ex and I as we are in the same class in school and still talk as best friends).

I'm not so sure what to do. both of my ex's didn't treat me right (although he did apologize to me and we haven't fought or had bad blood since he did apologize) but whenever I hangout with this guy, he treats me right. He is very sweet, kind, funny, and he takes time out of his day to text me every two to 3 days just to see how I am. Last time we went out to eat, I didn't have enough cash so I wanted to use my debit card. He told me he would pay for me, and I found that very sweet he did not have too as we are not officially a couple. He did seem upset when I got off the bus to transfer to the next one. The thing is, I do not know if I have feelings for him like that but I haven't found anyone who treats me as nice as he does. i also don't find him attractive but then again its not all about looks. My first ex i didn't find attractive at all in the beginning but after a while i thought he was the man i wanted and we lasted a year and a half. what should i do? i feel like i probably wont be able to find someone else but this guy treats me like how all women should be treated. Plus he is kind of shy too.. sometimes it takes him a while to say something...

I think he does like me because in fact when my ex and I were talking my ex told me that he was recently happy lately and I realized that's because we been hanging out a lot....

Quote Originally Posted by sadpanda1121 View Post
    The thing is, I do not know if I have feelings for him like that but I haven't found anyone who treats me as nice as he does. i also don't find him attractive but then again its not all about looks. My first ex i didn't find attractive at all in the beginning but after a while i thought he was the man i wanted and we lasted a year and a half. what should i do? i feel like i probably wont be able to find someone else but this guy treats me like how all women should be treated. Plus he is kind of shy too.. sometimes it takes him a while to say something
    My opinion..Don't try to feel something that isn't there. You might feel the temptation of dating him, but if no feelings develop you will have to break up with him - and then hurt a person who has been nothing but nice to you. You could try, but it's always better to have that initial chemistry. Don't just go out with someone because you feel like you probably won't be able to find someone else - that is always up to you anyway

Continue hanging out for a couple more weeks, just as friends. And hopefully you will come to a better understanding of how u feel. Sounds like u both are just having a friendship or he's "courting" you right now. You two are just feeling eachother out. Which is good. Don't kiss or hold hands unless u feel those feelings because u don't want to confuse or hurt him. If he tries to get closer to you then you definetly need to get honest with yourself And make a decision. No one can make that decision for you