+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disease, Dental Dams & Cunnilingus

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My standards are high. The women I'm attracted to generally aren't the sort at high risk for disease. I just can't stomach being in a relationship. If I ever meet a woman willing to be my monogamous friend and sex partner I'd be all over that. But so long as chicks want more than friendship with their sex I'm going to be single.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Lol maybe you'll be able to stomach a relationship after you do the dental dam disco.

Fear of commitment maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    My standards are high. The women I'm attracted to generally aren't the sort at high risk for disease. I just can't stomach being in a relationship. If I ever meet a woman willing to be my monogamous friend and sex partner I'd be all over that. But so long as chicks want more than friendship with their sex I'm going to be single.
    BF, is that you? ROFL. This quote sounds exactly like him -- high standards and fear of commitment. It's just a honor to know him lol. I think you do not like the demands and expectations of a real relationship but is willing to do a long term monogamous sex relationship, yes? It's okay. Not everyone is cut out for being in a relationship. Unfortunately, it will be difficult finding a high quality long term monogamous sex partner. You may be doing dental dams your whole sex life.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's never seemed like a fear to me. That's what people always say, though. "You're just afraid to commit. Ain't that special?" But it isn't like that. When I meet a girl and we start dating I'm walking on air. When we have sex it's like I'm making love to the most desirable woman on Earth. It's so exciting and fun. A month goes by, though, and all the fun is gone. Now she's asking me where I think this relationship is going, she's telling me that my jokes hurt her feelings, she's calling me up in tears because her cat ate her lizard (yes, a girl really did do that).

What's the point of it all if I'm not enjoying myself any more? Is it really so selfish to want to do things that are pleasurable and to avoid things that are not? I dunno. I need to stop thinking about this. I'm in the happy-go-lucky stages of a potential relationship. I need to ride the high and enjoy myself. I can fret over the lows when it's time to bail. This particular chick is about as unlikely to have a sti as they come. When the time is right mebbe I can get her to have herself checked out beforehand.
    Last edited by Gribble; 30-11-08 at 03:28 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Nah there is nothing wrong with that; I don't think you're being selfish. You seem like you know when to be serious and apologetic.

But doesn't it wear you out? Girl after girl, not finding what you really want?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    But doesn't it wear you out? Girl after girl, not finding what you really want?
    That is what I really want. An fresh, exciting new conquest. I'm willing to settle for a girl that at least doesn't make me want to jump off a bridge, though. And relationships, they make me want to take a leap.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

I reckon gribble; it's nothing like a fear of commitment at all. you just don't have patience...and also you just haven't actually found someone who isn't planning the whole relationship from start to finish ...leading to marriage...it's nuts tbh, too many girls just can't go with the flow and end up putting pressure on a situation that could have developed by itself.

Don’t kill me for sayin' this but American women are obsessed with trapping a man into marriage. I think you need to date a foreigner that hasn’t been brainwashed yet, maybe someone fresh off the boat.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    Don’t kill me for sayin' this but American women are obsessed with trapping a man into marriage. I think you need to date a foreigner that hasn’t been brainwashed yet, maybe someone fresh off the boat.
    I thought all women were like that. So you're saying I'm on the wrong continent? Hmm. How about you? We annoy the hell out of each other sometimes. I'm sure that tension would make for some wonderfully aggressive sex. What do you think?
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

I thought all women were like that. So you're saying I'm on the wrong continent? Hmm. How about you? We annoy the hell out of each other sometimes. I'm sure that tension would make for some wonderfully aggressive sex. What do you think?
    aggressive sex...mmm why not! just the thought of it.......pulling of hair, slapping .....nice hehe

no i know what you mean, i think my ex was a sissy or else i'm a bit tough (altho i kno i'm the emo type so i dunno) but he was so into marraige and sayin' he loved me etc etc and ye he was just like an annoying kid constantly looking for attention and comfort. so i guess maybe i got to experience what guys in the states normally get to experience. (no offense ladies but you are obsessed...which seems to consume you and prevents you from having rational behavior)

generally here in Ireland anyway and i'm pretty sure the rest of Europe is the same; we are not planning marraige unless kids are involved... and at that stage it is serious and is right.

i do see marraige as a trap that i don't want, but i do want a nice warm gentle (aggressive ) 'man'ly man that can sweep me off my feet and call the shots when shots are needed to be called, like sex (just grabs me and has his way with me), has etiquette where appropriate, gets my jokes!!!! i don't know if anyone that matches that description, if you know of anyone...send them my way will ya?
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 30-11-08 at 06:34 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

how old are you again gerbil?

seems like you're dating young girls.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If women seem to be obsessed, it's because their biological clocks are ticking. As for Europeans NOT being obsessed, HAH! My brother said he felt like a movie star when he lived in Germany because so many girls were after him. Of course, they wanted the green card. He ended up marrying 2 of them.
    Last edited by vashti; 30-11-08 at 10:17 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    My brother said he felt like a movie star when he lived in Germany because so many girls were after him. Of course, they wanted the green card. He ended up marrying 2 of them.

haha thats hilarious and of course i'm sure was upsetting for your bro at the time they divorced, yeh sounds like they did just want a green card not marriage. i definitely agree that there would be people here in ireland who have traditional ways imposed and taught by parents, but tbh things have really changed in my generation where people are really in charge of their own religion and destiny.....the sudden change in ireland has definitely come at a price where people care more about money and material things...i do think people have started to realise that this recession we're in now is a good thing for us mentally. but marriage has been one of those things that doesn't matter as much anymore unless kids are involved. the church doesn't have the same control that it used to in my parents generation
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 30-11-08 at 10:40 PM.

It's never seemed like a fear to me. That's what people always say, though. "You're just afraid to commit. Ain't that special?" But it isn't like that. When I meet a girl and we start dating I'm walking on air. When we have sex it's like I'm making love to the most desirable woman on Earth. It's so exciting and fun. A month goes by, though, and all the fun is gone. Now she's asking me where I think this relationship is going, she's telling me that my jokes hurt her feelings, she's calling me up in tears because her cat ate her lizard (yes, a girl really did do that).

What's the point of it all if I'm not enjoying myself any more? Is it really so selfish to want to do things that are pleasurable and to avoid things that are not? I dunno. I need to stop thinking about this. I'm in the happy-go-lucky stages of a potential relationship. I need to ride the high and enjoy myself. I can fret over the lows when it's time to bail. This particular chick is about as unlikely to have a sti as they come. When the time is right mebbe I can get her to have herself checked out beforehand.
    My goodness you are sounding so much like my bf...this is crazy lol.

The main reason he is still with me is probably because we discussed this very early in the relationship. And although my biological clock is ticking, I am not seeking a husband and marriage at this time in my life. We both only want to enjoy ourselves and not deal with what 'real' relationships deal with. There are no real bf/gf expectations and I must say this is quite fun. I really like doing this arrangement that we have. He told me no other girl has gained his interest for this long (1.5 years). We shouldn't have lasted this long but it's so fun...for now.

In short, tell the woman your expectation and if she is not the one to agree then find someone who will. However, understand that we women may understand but still want more occasionally but as long as she controls her emotions all will be well. If she is very carefree then there may be a reason for it (something negative), so don't expect the woman to be carefree all the time.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    haha thats hilarious and of course i'm sure was upsetting for your bro at the time they divorced,
    Actually, he wasn't upset.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast