+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Crush on dental assistant

Crush on dental assistant

I'm a single male in my late 20s and am extremely attracted to my dentist's assistant who is around the same age. I've only seen her twice and we haven't had much of an opportunity to chat. Obviously I don't know her at all but she has the physical qualities and attraction (incredible dark brown eyes) that I would dream of and I'd say there's a good possibility she's attracted to me.

Anyway, I don't know anything about her. Haven't seen a ring and don't know if she's avail, etc etc.

So how does one approach or attempt to get something going here? I've only see her at the office twice and I think it'd be inappropriate to ask her out or get a number next time I'm there. I don't want to creep her out but when I run across a woman like this, I feel I can't miss the opportunity of getting to know her better. Any advice ?

Thanks,
    Steve

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    with this type of situation i wouldn't want to waste any time, i would be blunt and to the point and ask her if she wants to go out sometime and if i could have her number. try not to worry about seemingly like a creep because i think she will more so be flattered about this. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

raverboy, for the most part, you're right. she should be flattered if anything but in my experience, alot of women think its just weird to have a customer/patient flat out ask them out while at there work. But knowing I am not a creep, who cares and just be blunt. One problem: I'm not scheduled to go back to the dentist for 6 months now. I think you may agree it would be weird to just randomly stop by the office and ask her out or even pop the line while sitting in the dentist chair with all the other assistants and doctors in close earshot ( Iguess I'm a bit shy in this regard and don't want to make her feel uncomfortable, which I think most women would feel uncomfrtable in this situ) . And isn't it odd to call her at work and ask her out ( she wouldn't even know me if I did this anyway).

peshkunta Guest
    LOL...If nothing else...At least you'll get your teeth fixed.

peshkunta Guest
    Why don't you apply for a job there? Even if they don't have any openings, at least you'll have another excuse to see her.

I know when I apply for a job, I'm very persistent and would check every 3-7 days what's going on. I didn't do that because of a girl, but nobody thought it was weird that I was checking on my potential job so often. What I'm trying to say is, even if you do apply and show up there very often, but do it because of the girl, I don't think that anyone will know that the girl is the reason you are doing it.

Enjoy your life while you are young because I can almost guarantee you that you will regret not taking full advantage of it later.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think applying for a job there would make you seem over eager and stalker like. i think your best approach would still be to straight up ask her out. there was this occasion where i went up to a worker and asked for her number infront of all her coworkers. she was pretty surprized but then it turned out good. it takes a lot of balls but think of the rewards after. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

peshkunta Guest
    "there was this occasion where i went up to a worker and asked for her number infront of all her coworkers" -- Illusional

That all depends on the girl, but everyone will tell you that generally that's not a good idea. Some people don't like sudden changes like someone just coming up out of the blue and asking them out. If he thinks that this girl is worth it, then moves (gradual) such as applying for a job there could work. It might take longer, but it will be less drastic.

And to your stocker comment. If you are a stocker, you are a stocker, period. If you have intentions to stock someone, no matter how you approach getting close to them, you are still stocking them.
    Last edited by peshkunta; 10-09-03 at 03:06 PM.