+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoiled, selfish fiance.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bi polar is crazy.

My step father was bipolar and he was crazy.

2 of my younger sisters were bipolar and they were crazy too.

Nobody who is bipolar has proven to me that they're not crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by stbmrs View Post
    IndiReloaded
    I agree with you 100% I wasn't being good at telling him what i need and asking for what i want. I realized that i was being a doormat and have, since writing this, stood up for myself and told him what i would allow and what i needed from him. Since then, and this has been, what, 2 days, thing's have already started to get better. I'v started to let him be pissed at stupid things instead of chasing after him and he's been seeing how stupid they are and apologizing and have let him know how i feel about a bunch of other things and he's really been working on stuff.

In the end i'm glad i came here and wrote my story since it helped me see what i was allowing to happen to me and my son and i have taken steps to change it as has my fiance. So to some of you thanks for the insults and for the people who actually tried to help thank you very much although i wont be taking your advice it did open my eyes and things are quickly getting better.
    Objectively, this man has behaved so selfishly that you are deluding yourself if you think he will change into a suitable partner for you. You should leave this man immediately. I am not insulting you, it is just an obvious fact.

Sure, if you make enough fuss, he will make an effort for a while but that does not mean you will achieve lasting change. Please don't waste your time and energy on this person. The fact that you have let this happen to you and actually believe that this relationship has a future indicates unmistakeably that you have a lot of work to do on yourself before you are ready to engage as an equal partner in a loving relationship. Don't be insulted, just be honest with yourself here and set out on a new path.

The "change" will last a couple days or weeks...but things will go back to the way they were before. Just wait. Good luck tho! I really do hope this works out.

I don't consider you crazy because you're bi-polar. But I would have to consider you crazy for staying with this guy.

Surely you can find somebody out there with less issues.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some people need to exhaust all avenues before they are willing to give up and move on. Its not so much about the other person as being able to say to themselves "I did all I could".

While this is an admirable trait in a longterm relationship (e.g. marriage), I agree with Cor, its probably not necessary in this case.

Something to think about, doll. If you feel its unlikely things will really improve, why waste all this time & effort?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Your case seems all too familiar.

Ok, so you're bi-polar, that's not cool but I can understand why you act the way you act and feel. That doesn't make you crazy or stupid like whoever said before me. You just gotta take that into account and find someone that suits you.

To sum up my story and focus on a solution for you, I went out with a bi-polar, and depressed single mom with a kid who had ADHD. She was still 'in love' with her ex she broke up with and hasn't moved on yet, despite him being a complete asshole. I did everything to make her smile and be happy, looked after her kid, etc. It was to no avail, and we are just friends now.

I can understand it sucks to be single and lonely with a kid. You feel sad and depressed. And yeah, sex is great, but it doesn't make all the relationship does it? Wouldn't that make it an incentive for you to find someone who would respect you and treat you nice if you are bi-polar and had bad relationships from the past?

Take this experience now and get out. It's clear that this guy you are going out with is spoiled and selfish as you put it yourself. You deserve better, and so does your son. I think that you "think" you and your son loves him, but both of you don't. Nobody would love someone who only thinks about themselves, love and relationships are a two way street. Sure, no relationship is perfect and there will be conflicts, but both parties need to put in the love and effort into this relationship.

I just don't want to see you unhappy and before you know it, waste 2+ years on this guy and regret it, and your son will know you are unhappy, and will probably show signs of trust issues for any kind and genuine, potential husbands. You don't need anymore baggage for a happy life, what you need is someone who cares and treats you right.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i guess you have already settled that you're going to spend the rest of your life with him. however, i think that is where you're a bit wrong.

it seems that you've settled in how you deal with him too. you let him make all these decisions. i can see that you're ready to step up and tell him off. are you ready for a long week or so of fights?? if you are, then deny him his day to day pleasure. f*ck waking up early to please him and tell him off. go back to bed and do as YOU please.

i'll be honest, it won't be easy, but if you keep letting him walk all over you like you've been doing, then nothing will change.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12