+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smart and Pretty Latina

So, if I made 4 or 5 times more than she does...would this be a problem for most women who are not professional grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    I thought this thread was about Misombra.
    how could i possibly not love ov after he says such sweet things like that.

me da risitas .
    Last edited by misombra; 04-09-07 at 12:28 PM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    how could i possibly not love ov after he says such sweet things like that.

me da risitas .
    How can someone not love OV I don't know, but how can someone not love misombra is preposterous!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    So, if I made 4 or 5 times more than she does...would this be a problem for most women who are not professional grade?
    No, but the fact that you're a f-cking knob might be an issue.

i guess it depends on who you're talking to. but personally i would have a hard time with this. i dated a guy once who made a whole bunch of money and back then i was barely getting by. i felt like he used it as some kind of status symbol with me. i think he either felt suspicious that eventually i would end up using him for his money, or he was using it as the source of all reason for us to stay together. or both. i can see how somebody could get competitive. especially a woman who fears that she'll become dependent on the resources of another and then left without it eventually, or blamed for sucking up all the resources and not providing any.

it all depends on the character of both people. you can't hide your true self behind money.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The money wouldn't be a problem for me, but the fact that you seem likely to draw attention to the disparity WOULD be.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    The money wouldn't be a problem for me, but the fact that you seem likely to draw attention to the disparity WOULD be.
    You are wrong about that. Nobody knows about my income/wealth except for one friend who lives in another country. Most people think that I'm just your basic middle class person.

You are wrong about that. Nobody knows about my income/wealth except for one friend who lives in another country. Most people think that I'm just your basic middle class person.
    ...maybe even less than that because I much prefer an evening at home than going out. I don't travel all over the place. I'm just your basic quiet, writer-type of a guy. Nobody would guess, except that friends at work will jokingly say, "There's Cameron, the quiet bachelor who lives a quiet life and is probably piling it away!!!" I just laugh it off with, "Yeah, right...on the salary that we get paid. You've got to be kidding."

So, nobody knows. In fact, I have actually had women friends at work (way long ago) who have asked my boss to give me a raise because, "Cameron has been driving the same car for ten years!" Hilarious!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    it all depends on the character of both people. you can't hide your true self behind money.
    This^.

4-5X is quite a differential to me, however, I think it would be okay so long as I felt I wasn't losing my sense of independence. Meaning that your higher income doesn't become a reason for your partner to not work, or something. Unless, of course, you meet the rare woman who only wants to stay home & raise children, but that's unusual in this society. I think a healthy individual would view your higher income like a bonus or winning the lottery or something. Nice, but not esssential. Beyond the essentials, money is just a tool for doing more interesting things, afterall. Maybe you should ask a potential partner what they would do with extra money beyond things like cars, houses, investments, etc, but as a theoretical discussion only without any hints about you personally. Money is a big topic for couples and different people have different ideas about how to best use it.

You are wise to keep your true net worth under wraps until you are certain about a long-term partner. Your previous comment about flying someone to wherever for a 2nd/3rd date (?) isn't wise, IMO if you want to be sure someone isn't a golddigger. Hopefully you were just joking.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was referring to your advice about extravagant dinners and $200 gift certificates for Victoria's Secret as gifts for a 22nd birthday. Do you really think anyone would consider those the kinds of gifts "basic, middle class" people would give?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I was referring to your advice about extravagant dinners and $200 gift certificates for Victoria's Secret as gifts for a 22nd birthday. Do you really think anyone would consider those the kinds of gifts "basic, middle class" people would give?
    I'm not unreasonable....so, I'll agree with you; you are likely very right about this. I'm not that familiar with the financial limitations faced by others, so with your comment in mind...my advice about gift giving will be reined in a bit. Thanks for the feedback--and that is a sincere comment.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Beyond the essentials, money is just a tool for doing more interesting things, afterall.

You are wise to keep your true net worth under wraps until you are certain about a long-term partner.
    Beyond the essentials, it is only security against an unknown future.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Beyond the essentials, it is only security against an unknown future.
    Meh, there is *always* money for those w/brains & aren't afraid to work hard.

In 10 more years, *I* will be back on my sailboat, cruising south & around the equator, writing about the interesting marine life or whatever else catches my fancy. When I need a break, we'll probably do a stint on one of those Millenium projects someplace, building houses or mills or schools.

What do you all plan to do for retirement or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Meh, there is *always* money for those w/brains & aren't afraid to work hard.

In 10 more years, *I* will be back on my sailboat, cruising south & around the equator, writing about the interesting marine life or whatever else catches my fancy. When I need a break, we'll probably do a stint on one of those Millenium projects someplace, building houses or mills or schools.

What do you all plan to do for retirement or whatever?
    I have no set plan. To be honest, I'm practically retired as it is. My job is more or less a way to pay for the everyday part of living and keeps my mind busy.

For now, I want to be close to family and play more tavli with Dad and eat Mom's good cooking Hopefully, meet the right woman, marry and have a child.

Other retirement activities...an apartment in Athens on I. Attikou Street, a block south of Vas. Sofias...walking distance to the Kolonaki.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12