+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Rare Woman? Where to Find Her?

??? What's wrong with the word chick? Oh well, actually I prefer using the word girl but I did use chick once in this thread I think.

Im not sure its hard to describe.
    Ummm... I think its like the word 'chick' doesnt make it sound like they are anyone special or important to you, it makes them sound like an 'object'.

i think it's all in who's talking. I don't usually like being called a chick, but this one guy who calls me that all the time, I came to realize that it's just his way of saying girl, he doesn't mean it in a impersonal or derogatory way. To me it's not about the word it's about the meaning behind it.
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by GBRaul
    Actually I think that classes should be taken for the CLASS itself, not the people in it. But who cares? Could find a chick to take home there
    Yes. Pick a class you like. And if you find a chick in there, at least you both have something in common right off the bat. And you have a segway to ask her out (group studies, team projects, etc.)
    but I've always wondered, when you GO to the museum, (I recently visited the ROM in Toronto), how do you strike up a convo with someone you find interesting?
    Simple. Don't talk to him/her directly about your name or try to get to know them off the bat, but rather about the display you are both looking at. Example, "It always amazes me how intricate and detailed that sculpture is. I never would of thought that a rock could have turned out so beautiful." Then if he/she responds with his/her thoughts on it, THEN you introduce yourself and get into a conversation.
    And she puts an index finger to her lips and motions for you to shut up and go away while she's looking at a display.
    Then you realize she's a bitch and either walk away in defeat or throw back some quick wit for revenge. Example, whisper in a quiet voice (since she said to be quiet), "Right. I forgot how sensative paintings were to soundwaves . . . "
    think it's all in who's talking. I don't usually like being called a chick, but this one guy who calls me that all the time, I came to realize that it's just his way of saying girl, he doesn't mean it in a impersonal or derogatory way.
    You know, it's like I'm always telling my friends, "It's NOT nice to call a broad a chick!"

Rod Steele

lol!!!! Very sensitive of you
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

I have found that the best time to find that rare woman is when you aren't looking for her. Thats when it happens. I mean you can look, but don't think that every person you see is going to be that person. Then all of a sudden one of the times you'll find someone totally amazing that took you by suprise.

Thanks everybody for the advice, I really appreciate it.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean-

I thought that chick was a normal word to use. I have quite a number of female friends and last time when my crush came along (last time as in before she rejected me) they would go: Woo! Hot chick alert!

Never mind, shall use girl from now on, ha. And great comeback by the way, alexi!

Its ok for girls to call eachother chicks

Quote Originally Posted by LucidDream
    Its ok for girls to call eachother chicks
    Kinda like black guys and the "N" word?

For what it matters, I talk about girls and call them chicks. I don't mean it in a derogatory sense, just as if some girl were to refer to me as a "dude" I wouldn't be offended. To me it's just a slang substitute for the word "girl".

Rod Steele

Yeah I guess it depends on what kind of area you are in, who you say it to and wether you know them personaly or not.

Well, I don't prefer the word chick, although I have called some of my "girl" friends chickLET. I'm with Lucid on this one. I guess it could be the upbringing OR the kind of guys I've met that USE the word chick. (Same ones that use the word broad, Alexi. LOL And BTW, I call ALL my friends dude; girls and boys alike! )

See I dont mind chik, I dont like LADY,HATE LADY! dont ever call a female LADY! makes me feel old.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Too right Squirt! I hate lady too. Oh, and MA'AM. DAMN! Nothing makes ya feel older than that!

Lady? do people actualy say that?
    If I was told to think of all sorts of names to call girls Im not sure 'lady' would ever pop into my head, I just dont hear it that often.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast