+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ugh, the g/f can be so awkward sometimes.

well that's good. maybe she can get her money back for them.

it's hard for some girls coming from where we come from. everybody dresses super casual.

you're right though, she needs a friend to help her out. i have a friend who helps me out. she's my stylist. i never go shopping without her. she often tells me if i'm dressed badly.

does she have a full length mirror?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Okay, she's not wearing them.

Victory!

She is still pretty upset with herself because she knows she has little sense of style. Ah well.
    She sounds like a really sweet girl. That is more important than having fashion sense.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

For a graduate school interview, the chair of the department was the interviewer and the first thing he did when he saw me was look at my shoes. He commented. There are traditional people out there and the wrong shoe or look can hurt her chances. I took a seminar on interview attire many years ago. Maybe she should do that or look online for information. It would be really sad that she does not get the job solely because of what she is wearing.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Lesa's right, there is a wealth of information about this on the net. If Ames doesn't have a girlfriend to steer her right, she should look online.

First of all, she is simply too tall for heels that high. Those are for little tiny short girls. She should stick to 3" and under. Secondly, Vash is totally right- if she gets interviewed by a woman, those heels would only hurt her chances, and if she's interviewed by a male, she could get the job for the wrong reason, which might be worse than not getting it at all.

Yes, I heard you say she's not wearing them, but I want to be sure she knows that she can NEVER wear those to an interview. Well, maybe a Hooters interview.
    Spammer Spanker

Maybe you should get her one of those style books. Amazon has a ton of them. Like the Lucky Magazine one or What Not to Wear. Those could help give her the basics so she could develop a classy look for herself.

She's really cute though. She'd probably look good in just about anything.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

i love to google for different outfits for special occasions.

Last edited by Indignant; 03-03-09 at 01:36 AM.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

i'm on the same boat with your gf frizzz i need major help getting dressed all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i'm on the same boat with your gf frizzz i need major help getting dressed all the time.
    thank god for internet, right miso
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

i can't even be trusted with a pair of jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i can't even be trusted with a pair of jeans.
    oh now you have to post pictures of yourself in jeans! i am so curious how one can mess that up

trust me, it's possible.

My girlfriend has that kind of 80s/90s fashion. I think it fits her very well. She looks very attractive in all her clothes

Was she applying for a job as a stripper?
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've done a my share of interviewing, and I can tell you that when a girl walks in wearing super high stillettos, low cut blouses, short skirts, or anything that looks like club wear, she's almost immediately disqualified in my head. Part of being a professional is knowing how to look the part, and not dress like a tart. Mind you, this also includes dressing too casual. Sweatpants, jeans, running shoes, and t-shirts are the opposite end of the spectrum and also completely inappropriate.

One of the best pieces of advice I was ever given was to dress for the job you want, not the job you're interviewing for (depending on the job, of course).
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She ended up buying these low heel, black, plain shoes.

S'all good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12