+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyfriend chasing other girl even though he's happy?

He's NOT cheating on you, Romantic... Or, maybe he is!! Ahaha.. Gosh, I do exactly that to my girlfriend, but I still love her very much. The fact that I still do turn my head when there's a beautiful girl passing by, or that I feel my heartbeat drumming like crazy when a stranger is making some flirty eye contacts with me... Well that's just the way men are, isn't it?

So, uh, I'm not cheating on my girlfriend, am I...? Damn, I need advise..

Its not about "touching" that makes cheating cheating. Its all about whats going on up here. (points to head) And in here. (points to heart)

You can cheat on your girlfriend just by thinking. Its up to you on how much self discipline you are going to enforce on yourself. You should also gauge how much self discipline your girlfriend is expecting of you.

--Zach
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You can cheat on your girlfriend just by thinking.

I'll bet you are a Jimmy Carter fan, aren't you? Anyway, I disagree. Think what you want, but keep it to yourself.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'll bet you are a Jimmy Carter fan, aren't you? Anyway, I disagree. Think what you want, but keep it to yourself.
    No, Im actually not a Jimmy Carter fan. Never even heard him before. I just think that what matters most is what is happening in your heart when your in love with someone. I can lay there and **** you and tell you I love you and be thinking about a totally different girl. Can you honestly say you ok with that?

Its all about your heart.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, Im actually not a Jimmy Carter fan. Never even heard him before.
    Are you kidding? He was a President. He once said that he "sinned in his heart" because he lusted after a woman he wasn't married to.

I just think that what matters most is what is happening in your heart when your in love with someone. I can lay there and **** you and tell you I love you and be thinking about a totally different girl. Can you honestly say you ok with that?
    Yes.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Are you kidding? He was a President. He once said that he "sinned in his heart" because he lusted after a woman he wasn't married to.
    OMG! lol For some reason I thought you were referring to a singer named Jimmy Carter. I guess it didn't click that you were talking about the president. I have no excuse though, ive only been outta high school for 2 years. lol

Yes.
    You must have a 100% completely different perspective on what "love" actually is than me. I wouldn't want my wife to lust after other men while we were having sex, that would be 100% ridiculous to me. If your down with that I guess.. then thats what floats your boat. Not for me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You must have a 100% completely different perspective on what "love" actually is than me. I wouldn't want my wife to lust after other men while we were having sex, that would be 100% ridiculous to me. If your down with that I guess.. then thats what floats your boat. Not for me.
    When I was just 2 years out of high school, I would have said the same thing.

When I was just 2 years out of high school, I would have said the same thing.
    Can you explain to me why and how your perspective changed? Whats caused it to change like that and do you like it better that way or how it used to be?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You will find that romantic love diminishes after two years at most, and if your sex life is tied solely to those romantic feelings, you won't be having any sex. So for me (and virtually all people I know that have been married more than maybe 5 years) your imagination is very helpful. What you should be hoping/looking for is someone who shares your values with regards to where the lines are drawn. I may have fantasized about another man, but I wouldn't move beyond that because I am just not the type.

You will find that romantic love diminishes after two years at most, and if your sex life is tied solely to those romantic feelings, you won't be having any sex. So for me (and virtually all people I know that have been married more than maybe 5 years) your imagination is very helpful. What you should be hoping/looking for is someone who shares your values with regards to where the lines are drawn. I may have fantasized about another man, but I wouldn't move beyond that because I am just not the type.
    So when it comes down to it there is no universal line where once crossed you have officially cheated. Because it is different with each and ever couple. My lines are drawn within the heart and mind, so Im willing to bet that I will have alot harder of a time trying to find someone with likewise values.

You got me, then you got people who want only a sexual relationship on the opposite end. Who knows. Im just rambling now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12