+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Expert Help - Interesting "Chasing the Girl" Story

Need Expert Help - Interesting "Chasing the Girl" Story

Ok so just to warn you guys, this story is long.

I met this vietnamese girl in class last fall and I thought she was really cute, and luck would have it that we were put into a group together to do a class project. I talked to her for a lil bit that semester and she was very nice. So of course I'm going to try and get to know her better.

One day I was riding the train back home with a friend of mine and this guy comes up to her and they start talking. My friend asks him who his girlfriend is since he keeps saying shes in our class. He starts to describe the girl that I started liking, and I ask him if thats the girl and he says yes. Ahh life, anyway so I decide to stop chasing her since she has a boyfriend.

So the next semester I see her again and she's in my class again as well. I see a group of girls studying and I ask to study with them and I did. I got her number and we started studying alot together. For those few weeks we studied together I never saw her boyfriend around so I ask her about it. "Don't you have a boyfriend that goes to this school?" , she says, "What?? noo, wait do you mean this short asian guy?" And I find out he stalks her. So at that point im really happy because she is single.

I start making moves, and we hang out one day alone. So I ask her when was the last time she had a boyfriend. "Oh I never had one before, but I have one this semester." WHAT A KICK IN THE ****IN FACE. She never talked about him AT ALL. And for the few weeks we studied he has never called her or picked her up from school. I was really surprised. ON TOP of all that, she says this guy only calls her once a month. Yes you guys must think she's lying to get me off her back, but no shes not because I know a friend of hers and he confirms.

So I tell her I like her the next day because there is no point in chasing her anymore. And we stay friends. We take summer class together and a new friend starts to instigate and try to get us together. No go, and I told her I didnt want to pressure her into anything and that I was just confused why she lets herself stay with someone that she doesnt even see often. I see her more than her boyfriend, and thats ****ed.

I dunno I'm really confused. The new semester just started and she's so nice to me all the time. She hung out with me the whole day yesterday. Why does she allow herself to hang out with me still if she knows I like her? Does she really just think of me as a friend now? I'm sure she knows that I still like her. Does she like me even a little bit? Do I have a chance?

She's really quiet and she doesnt talk to ANYONE unless someone talks to her. I had a great conversation with her yesterday and she really opened up a lil more to me. Why does she stick around? Can someone help me out here? My heart flutters when I see her, but I dont want to hype myself up. She might be a really nice person but why arent I good enough if she only see's her boyfriend once a month, maybe even less?

Speak up, for God's sake! She gets to be the girl, here. You have to actually take a risk and ask her these questions.

I realize it's not fair, but gender dynamics are just not fair. End of story. You should let that helpful friend give you a hand.
    Spammer Spanker

I've actually told her two separate times that I liked her, I dunno if i should bring this thing up a 3rd time. ARGH its driving me nuts and the friend that was helping me, we don't talk to anymore because we dont have class together.

He's tried so hard to get her to gimme a chance but she wants to stay with this guy for some reason. Yet she still likes hanging out with me.

Ask her straight up if you have a chance or if you're in the Friend Zone. Tell her three reasons why you think she should date you instead. (and if she goes for it, insist that she break up with him immediately- she'll appreciate the self-respect).
    Spammer Spanker

man, i dont think she likes you in the way you want. i think she thinks of you as a friend. she could have given you a chance but like you said before, she insists on the other guy.

i would just wait it out or find another girl. if you tell her that you insist that she break up with him, it will only cause her to be more favorable of him.

i would know because i was in the same type of situation as you. i could be wrong, but it doesnt look like it.

a girl i liked several years ago liked hanging out with me and i was interested in her, but i just had no chance.

Yea, I guess I shouldn't hold onto this. Its just weird because she knows that I like her but she'll still hang out with me. I'm sure she hasnt told her boyfriend about me or he would probably show his face around.

I don't think their relationship with each other is strong enough for the boyfriend to let her hang out with someone that is chasing her. Since they only see each other once a month. Seriously who calls that a relationship. This boggles my ****in mind!

I never pressured her or told her to break up with her boyfriend at all. Ahh thanks anyway for the advice guys.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by rameneater View Post
    Since they only see each other once a month. Seriously who calls that a relationship. This boggles my ****in mind!
    I can only see my girlfriend once every other month at least.

Are you tryin' to fúck my girlfriend?

Are you guys long distance?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you guys long distance?
    Yes.

But looking back, my girl ain't no gook, so it's all good.

haha, ahh thanks for the laugh =P

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you know what generation Vietnamese she is?

Also, what's the ethnicity of her prick boyfriend?

Yea, I guess I shouldn't hold onto this. Its just weird because she knows that I like her but she'll still hang out with me. I'm sure she hasnt told her boyfriend about me or he would probably show his face around.

I don't think their relationship with each other is strong enough for the boyfriend to let her hang out with someone that is chasing her. Since they only see each other once a month. Seriously who calls that a relationship. This boggles my ****in mind!

I never pressured her or told her to break up with her boyfriend at all. Ahh thanks anyway for the advice guys.
    i had a female friend who i liked and she knew, and she liked me as a friend but she wouldnt try anything with me or against her bf.

i personally think that she likes you and if she was to go out with someone after her current bf, it might be you, but she's nice enough to keep talking to you. she could have been like "thats cool and were friends" yet never talk to you again. i happen to be in that situation right now, but hey, there's plenty of girls out there.

but id keep the friendship with her if i were you, but be open to other people. like the girl i used to like...were still friends and i absolutely dont like her, but being friends is always cool.