+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: seniors.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree high school is important, depending on what University you want to go to. Be sure that minimally, you know how to spell properly, can use basic language in the appropriate context, and have decent punctuation abilities, unlike some of the posters on this forum.

Be sure you know your math, at least through Algebra, too. You will need it to get into college level math classes.

As for the social aspects of High School, they suck. Learn what you can, and remember that it won't last forever, thank god.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I agree high school is important, depending on what University you want to go to. Be sure that minimally, you know how to spell properly, can use basic language in the appropriate context, and have decent punctuation abilities, unlike some of the posters on this forum.

Be sure you know your math, at least through Algebra, too. You will need it to get into college level math classes.

As for the social aspects of High School, they suck. Learn what you can, and remember that it won't last forever, thank god.
    amen to taht. vashti, you're an english nerd! *sticks tongue out and runs away*

enjoy it!! college is HARD! (well it depends on what school you go to... avoid going to an ivy if you can, haha. i learned that the hard way!)

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    High school IS important in the sense that it determines what college you get into. And college makes all the difference.

In terms of people saying high school material is a joke, this is true. Take as many AP classes as you can, they are really the only classes worth taking relative to other courses offered. The most important thing to do in high school is do well on the SATs, get 5s on all your AP tests, and maintain a high GPA.

If you want to get into a good college, you will need at least a 1400 on the SAT and several AP classes with 5s on your AP tests. Otherwise, forget about getting into a good school. Your GPA won't mean shit if you can't do at least that.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    enjoy it!! college is HARD! ... avoid going to an ivy if you can
    No pain no gain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

I would use your senior year to make some definitive plans for your grown-up life.
    +1. or you could steal the school mascot and put it in the park.

i spent my senior year... wait, i didn't even make it to my senior year.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

i feel like anything useful you're gonna learn is gonna be from high school or before. what you learn in college is just supposed to make you look smart. and to occupy you for 4 years until you get that little piece of paper that says you did something with your life...

Yeah, you don't need very complicated knowledge about everyday life...but its your job where you you need the brains, unless you're a garbage man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    i feel like anything useful you're gonna learn is gonna be from high school or before. what you learn in college is just supposed to make you look smart. and to occupy you for 4 years until you get that little piece of paper that says you did something with your life...
    Let's hope medical school students don't think this way.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Studying to be a doc is awesome. Cash for everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let's hope medical school students don't think this way.
    i'm just talking undergrad...

anachronistic Guest
    i hope you guys are really that determined to join the medical field. there are some things you guys will see that would probably make me barf. i see no fun or enjoyment in that profession.

and money doesn't make everything. i'll be the first one to admit that. even if it's $100 an hour to do something you do not enjoy, is a pure waste of time.

i got probably the most worthless undergrad degree there is and it's making me lots of money.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    An undergrad degree in organic chemistry can teach you a LOT. However, no one will hire a chemist without at least a master's degree.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i got probably the most worthless undergrad degree there is and it's making me lots of money.
    And what was that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast