+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: seniors.

seniors.

How should I make the best of my senior year in highschool? I feel like the past few years have been a waste. How do I change that in my final year here with my friends and boyfriend?

anachronistic Guest
    jeeze, how can you regret the other years of your life? learn from your mistakes instead of regretting.

anyhow, my senior year, i was in the high school band and choir, i played trap, bass guitar, and plain old lead guitar in the jazz band. i sung a solo and a duet for a contest, i was selected to be a singer in this big singing thing here in my state. the funny thing is i am not that much of a musician (i am a visual artist

i was in school plays, i hung out at my friends' chance every time i got, tried to start a garage indie band, i participated a lot in youth group.

one of the most memorable (thank god i did it too) moments of my senior year was breaking up with my first true love who is turning into a bitch.

i made my own website, i got promoted at work (it's a side-business 2 person co-op, i do web designing)

take a class in school that you think you might hate/are afraid or willing to try. for me it was german. i didn't even like germany until last year. now i love germany and i am going to major it in college.

i got officially drunk off my ass the first time in my life, i was invited to parties by people i thought didn't like me

it's shit like that, that counts. take ****ing risks. do whatever. you may discover something about yourself that you didn't know before. hell, i know i bragged, but that's how i motivate people and give them examples.

you know that is the first real advice i've gotten from that question when i've asked someone. Thank you so much. I love to take risks and I hope I can have that much fun.

I hated most of my time in high school. How I eventually learned to appreciate it was when I realized exactly what it was: a joke. The people, the fakes, the teachers, it's its own little realm.

I wouldn't suggest going out and getting drunk every chance you get just because you're not going to remember it. You'll remember the before and after.

Make new friends. Don't be afraid to speak up and state your opinion, no matter how left field. High school is probably the only time in your life you can achieve celebrity status easily. Do memorable things and don't shy away from talking back to the teachers.

Pull a kickass senior prank. I photoshopped about 400 fliers of my principal ****ing the class principal and dropped them down the stairwells before lunch. But whatever floats your boat.

The most important thing is to not stress yourself out. You've worked your ass off for three years, you've earned a break.

Oh, and don't take shit from anyone...unless you're going to school in the ghetto, then be as invisible as humanly possible
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would use your senior year to make some definitive plans for your grown-up life.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    Pull a kickass senior prank. I photoshopped about 400 fliers of my principal ****ing the class principal and dropped them down the stairwells before lunch. But whatever floats your boat.
    Hahaha... That's hilarious

But how to make the most of your senior year? Forget fun, it won't happen. I hated high school. If you did well in school the previous 3 years, don't mess up now. Make sure you have excellent grades so that when they are sent to your colleges, they will be impressed and see that you aren't slacking off senior year. Senior year isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Do this so that you can get into a good school, come out making buckets of cash, and then have the sweet satisfaction of knowing that all those hedonistic douchebag mother****ers who had a blast for 4 years in high school ultimately did not end up ahead, but you did. Seriously, the best education will be more likely to land you the best job, making the most money, which is the only way to get ahead (for some people)

senior year was not that great for me. It wasn't completely miserable..but a fourth year of high school wasn't sitting well with me. Everyone told me to take advantage of my last year of high school..because the summer before college..you're going to wish you were back there. I ****ing LOVE not being in high school anymore. College is the important thing that you will want to cherish and remember. High school doesn't mean shit in the long run

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Steve's right. High school means nothing. i can't imagine what loser told her she would EVER wish she was back in high school.

I agree with Ben that it's easy to gain celebrity status. Here's what I did: massive dramatic breakup with my boyfriend. I felt like an Olsen twin- I was hounded in class and out for more drama- it's like crack to high school kids and I was a dealer.

I suggest you consider this, since your boyfriend lies to you.
    Spammer Spanker

i had sex with someone who knew a lot of people (that's not WHY i had sex with him)...but after that i had people coming up and talking to me like they knew me..didn't even know their names. it's a risky business...but you want friends..right? (:

Are you kidding? Highschool is one of the most important times of your life! But isn't necessarily fun though. Having good grades and participating in lots of extracurricular activities can get you to a very good university, which will get you a very good job later on, which then will get you money. But if you fail highschool, you're screwed. Period.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hardly. High school is the biggest waste of time in your life. Nothing but complete bullshit. Enjoy it, though. Have fun, be stupid, and don't take any of it seriously.

In the US education doesn't even begin until college. Everything before that is a royal waste.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Its true that they teach you bs, but highschool is still important to get to a good university/college, where "education really begins"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1218 View Post
    Are you kidding? Highschool is one of the most important times of your life!
    hmm. come talk to me in four years. i'm going to guess that since you're 14..you're probably going to be a freshmen? It's not that hard to maintain grades to get into a good college. Unless you're a complete idiot..which i doubt that you are. So, no. High school is NOT the most important time of your life. I think this is just the excitement of high school coming out of your mouth right now.

its ONE of the most important, because it basically determines what level of education you get in the future.

anachronistic Guest
    i don't know. a lot of people on here seem to not have a lot from high school to cherish.

other people were not my focus in high school. i never tried to be popular or anything, and that's probably why i feel like my high school experience was a good one.

before my senior year i never even intended on going to college. never dreamt of it, simply because i didn't think it was possible with my parents' jobs. that being said, in high school i actually wanted to learn new things, and that i did. and that's probably how i got a high paying job at my age. people get so focused on grades, that grades are all they care about. they forget what education even is, thinking that it's some race to get on the honorroll, but it's a place to learn things. and then they go and learn all these things just to get the grade, but never learn how to imply these things to their life.

jimmy, maggie, anyone else who is going into high school, i really hope you guys get something out of high school education, as did i.

but there is better/worse to come, and that's for you to decide.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast