+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the brink of ending it with my fiancee... Need a woman's perpsective!

Well, it happened. We broke it off... I asked her to read what I wrote here to see where I am coming from and as usual she focused on the negative. She said she wants to end it and I asked her to be out of the apartment by tomorrow at latest... I get the impression she didnt want to end it, but again, get a reaction out of me (judging by her face after what I told her), but enough is enough. I won't have that shit thrown at me anymore. I told her last time I don't want to here that anymore, or next time it will happen. Well, it did. It sucks that it's over, because I did want it to work, but I'm tired of being the only one who puts effort into our problems, and I'm tired of her shutting down over every small bump in the road. Maybe when she grows up she will find a good guy for her, because I'm not going to wait around for that to happen - I deserve better... But it sucks... It really really sucks.

Thanks for all your help, it didn't make my decision for me (I still wanted to talk to see if there was something to save... but that never happened), but it did give me the perspective I needed to feel semi-ok with it. Thanks again, and heres to a better tomorrow.
    Last edited by Dilema888; 10-06-08 at 08:24 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Congratulations on setting boundaries for yourself. Its important training for when that 'miss right' does happen along. You are right; a healthy relationship has this coming from both partners.

Hope you feel better soon. Try to stay active. Go out w/your friends or something.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Good for you. A relationship won't work if only one person is trying. There's plenty of women out there and you'll definitely find someone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12